Afghan President Karzai escapes Assasination Attempt

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Why do we even bother? They are subhuman bastards over there who are only satisfied when they shed blood.

justint

Banned
Dec 6, 1999
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Why do we even bother? They are subhuman bastards over there who are only satisfied when they shed blood.

"subhuman bastards" You sir have some issues that need to be dealt with.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: justint

Why don't go ahead and point out those issues to Red. I'm sure he'll thank you for the enlightenment.

Personally, I think he is just voicing the frustration that many people feel. It seems that no matter what we try to do in the ME somebody wants to fsck it up. Of course if we just left it alone we'd get sh!t hammered for that.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
it doesn't say karzai was anywhere near the blast...

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Isn't this take two? I thought some convoy of his was attacked a couple months back, he lived, but some of his guards got wiped out.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: DaveSohmer

Why don't go ahead and point out those issues to Red. I'm sure he'll thank you for the enlightenment.

Personally, I think he is just voicing the frustration that many people feel. It seems that no matter what we try to do in the ME somebody wants to fsck it up. Of course if we just left it alone we'd get sh!t hammered for that.

Yep it is no more than an expression of the frustration a lot of us feel when dealing with the issues involved with the middle east. I am increasingly of the "a pox on all their houses" opinion myself with regards to the islamic (as in region, not religion) world.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Please do point them out for me justint or are you one of those online cowards who piss and run?

I'm talking about nation building. I believe that we should go in there,take out all those who we believe to be our enimies with extreme prejeduce and then leave with a contingency plan to do it again as often as necessary. The Romans use to devastate their enemies, kill their livestok and raise their crops and they were an empire for over a 1000 years. We don't need to occupy that rat hole and govern over those animals.

justint

Banned
Dec 6, 1999
Please do point them out for me justint or are you one of those online cowards who piss and run?

I'm talking about nation building. I believe that we should go in there,take out all those who we believe to be our enimies with extreme prejeduce and then leave with a contingency plan to do it again as often as necessary. The Romans use to devastate their enemies, kill their livestok and raise their crops and they were an empire for over a 1000 years. We don't need to occupy that rat hole and govern over those animals.

Red Dawn,

I take exception to your charachterization of any people as subhuman or animals whether or not it is from frustration or whatever. That sort of attitude has led to some of the worst periods in world history such as a little thing called the Holocaust and I would hope that such statements would be unworthy of an American in this day and age. That is my own personal and moral belief and I apologize if my original post offended you. Saying that you had issues was totally inappropriate as I was zeroing in on the subhuman statement and responding without thinking.

Justin

justint

Banned
Dec 6, 1999
Originally posted by: rahvin
http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2002/images/09/05/top.security.ap.jpg

Is it just me or is in that picture the special forces guy using one of those new guns the millitary has been developing?

Thats a CAR-15 with a scope and an assault stock if I am not mistaken. Pretty standard stuff for special forces. You are probably thinking of one of the new bullpup type small arms such as the Israeli Tavor rifle.

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: rahvin
http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2002/images/09/05/top.security.ap.jpg

Is it just me or is in that picture the special forces guy using one of those new guns the millitary has been developing?

Thats a CAR-15 with a scope and an assault stock if I am not mistaken. Pretty standard stuff for special forces. You are probably thinking of one of the new bullpup type small arms such as the Israeli Tavor rifle.

Actually I thought it looked a lot like the Gun Pictured here.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Kudos to our Special Forces, who it appears did a fine job perforating the would-be attackers. Afghanistan currently is one of the most dangerous places in the world, and I for one wouldn't want Hamid Karzai's job. He's got to deal with warlords protecting their own interests and turf, along with Taliban and Al-Quaida elements, who would be perfectly happy overthrowing the new government and re-establishing a backwards fundamentalist state.

This will happen again, and again.. Karzai needs to start moving quickly to consolidate power.

MajesticMoose

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
so much for not showing pictures of our special forces faces. Why not just send them a copy of their passports....

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
You can't expect warring factions to just stop because someone imposes(perhaps too strong a word) a Democracy. I hope it works out, but won't be shocked if Afghanistan reverts back to a big scrap once the Coalition leaves.

Doomguy

Platinum Member
May 28, 2000
We can only wonder why idiots such as Red Dawn are moderators at Anandtech...

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Doomguy

We can only wonder why idiots like you are still posting.

Dhruv

May 15, 2001

What RedDawn said is wrong, and your defense of that is wrong too. While i have been most vocal against Islamic aggressors, Karzai shouldn't be lumped together with them.

Karzai has the most dangerous job in the world right now as he is trying to bring the country with vast diversity, corruption, thuggery, warlord-ism (don't think its a word, whateva..), crime, etc. etc. etc. under control.

And Afghanistan is actually South Asia, not the ME by the way.

Why do we bother? for our own interests i assure you, not for Afghanis. The U.S. has always loved to put up their puppets to lead various developing nations, such as what they did with the Shah of Iran. What benefit is AFghanistan? right now its hard to say, but their are a few likely possibilities:

a)form base to keep check on that region, China, Russia, ME.
b) Oil interest
c) to prevent the same mistaken from happening before. After the fall of the soviet union, we had promised to help rebuild that nation that fought against the russians so valiantly. We didn't do SHIET. We lied. We manipulated. And guess, what? The Taliban, created from the same straing of radical elements that we, together with Pakistan, incubated in the early to mid 80's to fight the Soviets (we propagated the jihad movement also - but then it was justified cuz we were kiling those "dirty commies"...) Now, Afghanistan is aperfect place for Radical islamic terror outfits to breed, take refuge in, etc. We can't allow any country to get to that level if we wish to avoid future 9/11's.

Granted, what i said hasn't happened yet and i don't have proof, but even though i'm as patriotic as the next guy, I do know my Governmen'ts historical record when it comes to foreign policy, its almost ALWAYS for our interest. I have faith in the American people, not so much in our govt. Look at Bush right now. On one hand he is sending over a hundred jets to fight Iraq on the other he is keeping it from the American people. i didnt' even know what happeend till i read a thread in here about that.

lets remember most Afghans are victims in this, don't just group them with all others and disregard them.

justint

Banned
Dec 6, 1999
Originally posted by: Dhruv

What RedDawn said is wrong, and your defense of that is wrong too. While i have been most vocal against Islamic aggressors, Karzai shouldn't be lumped together with them.

Karzai has the most dangerous job in the world right now as he is trying to bring the country with vast diversity, corruption, thuggery, warlord-ism (don't think its a word, whateva..), crime, etc. etc. etc. under control.

And Afghanistan is actually South Asia, not the ME by the way.

Why do we bother? for our own interests i assure you, not for Afghanis. The U.S. has always loved to put up their puppets to lead various developing nations, such as what they did with the Shah of Iran. What benefit is AFghanistan? right now its hard to say, but their are a few likely possibilities:

a)form base to keep check on that region, China, Russia, ME.
b) Oil interest
c) to prevent the same mistaken from happening before. After the fall of the soviet union, we had promised to help rebuild that nation that fought against the russians so valiantly. We didn't do SHIET. We lied. We manipulated. And guess, what? The Taliban, created from the same straing of radical elements that we, together with Pakistan, incubated in the early to mid 80's to fight the Soviets (we propagated the jihad movement also - but then it was justified cuz we were kiling those "dirty commies"...) Now, Afghanistan is aperfect place for Radical islamic terror outfits to breed, take refuge in, etc. We can't allow any country to get to that level if we wish to avoid future 9/11's.

Granted, what i said hasn't happened yet and i don't have proof, but even though i'm as patriotic as the next guy, I do know my Governmen'ts historical record when it comes to foreign policy, its almost ALWAYS for our interest. I have faith in the American people, not so much in our govt. Look at Bush right now. On one hand he is sending over a hundred jets to fight Iraq on the other he is keeping it from the American people. i didnt' even know what happeend till i read a thread in here about that.

lets remember most Afghans are victims in this, don't just group them with all others and disregard them.

I had hoped to hear from Red Dawn again in this thread. I guess not.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Red Dawn,

I take exception to your charachterization of any people as subhuman or animals whether or not it is from frustration or whatever. That sort of attitude has led to some of the worst periods in world history such as a little thing called the Holocaust and I would hope that such statements would be unworthy of an American in this day and age. That is my own personal and moral belief and I apologize if my original post offended you. Saying that you had issues was totally inappropriate as I was zeroing in on the subhuman statement and responding without thinking.

Justin
You can take exception all you want, we live in a civilized society where your words won't get you assasinated like they would in the country of Afghanstan which is populated by sub human bastards.

I love it when Bleeding Hearts start sniveling over an off the cuff remark. Well at least here they have a platform. Elsewhere they'd be totally ignored.

Dumbguy
OK you are banned... Damn, my special moderator powers don't seem to be working.