Afghan Army Guy Shoots Two British Troops Dead

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stayfr0sty

Mar 5, 2012
I hate to break it to you, but Rambo is a fictional character.

Obviously you fail to note sarcasm.
Tell me is it fictional that the US armed the taliban to fight the soviets?
Is it fictional that Rambo 3 was nothing but imperialist propaganda?
Doh of course its fictional but it was made around the time of the collapse of the "evil empire"
Wake up and smell the coffee, we are being lied to constantly through the mass media.
Proof of this happened years ago. When the soviet union fell they brought over some "ruskies" for tour of the US and then asked them what they thought. ANd their answer was simply this: "In america you guys beleive all the propaganda, in soviet union we already KNEW it was propaganda"

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Obviously you fail to note sarcasm.

Hard to tell with you. You seem to be serious about gulags, which makes you a nutter.

Tell me is it fictional that the US armed the taliban to fight the soviets?

We did this. Of course, many confuse with Taliban with Al Quida, and we did not arm or given money or training to AQ.

Is it fictional that Rambo 3 was nothing but imperialist propaganda?

They made the movie to make money. Capitalism existed in the US back then, you might have heard.

The movie is the second most successful of the Rambo series, behind Rambo: First Blood Part II. Much like its predecessor, it was well-received with the target young male audience, but panned by critics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rambo_III

So no, it was not propaganda, it was profit.

I removed the rambling nonsense from the end of your post.

Stayfr0sty

Mar 5, 2012
We did this. Of course, many confuse with Taliban with Al Quida, and we did not arm or given money or training to AQ.

lol you truly are an ignorant person

He did not star in the Rambo movies. Rambo, a fictional character, was played by Sylvester Stallone. The last movie (recently made) was very good, too. I highly recommend it.
Yes the last movie was quite good Ill have to agree with you on that.
As for the rest of your post I also deleted your rambling nonsense about rambo being a fictional character. My point is and has been that Rambo was good friends with them. Im sure it wouldnt have got good reviews after 9/11......

Stayfr0sty

Mar 5, 2012
He did not star in the Rambo movies. Rambo, a fictional character, was played by Sylvester Stallone. The last movie (recently made) was very good, too. I highly recommend it.

Your worst then Sarah Pallin and Mitt Romney combined, jeez
Are you doing this on purpose to piss us off? Is it some perverted way of you getting off on this? Go away. Stay the f out of these topics if you have nothing constructive to say instead of contradicting with irrelevant things that prove nothing.
The whole point of him posting about CHarlie WIlson was to show that the US did indeed fund and arm the mujaideenes.
Now plz Ill repeat myself stay out of the threads unless you have something constructive to say.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
Yep!

10dxukx.jpg

The Taliban, for all their hatred and religious zealotry, hated drugs, m'kay?

But trying to get people to stop growing what the world is willing to pay for when you are starving is a losing battle.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
BTW, Rambo 3 was not Imperialist Propaganda.

It was a cheezy flik made to try and capitalize on the attitudes that were prevalent (just before) its release.

Propaganda. :rolleyes:

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Hard to tell with you. You seem to be serious about gulags, which makes you a nutter.

They made the movie to make money. Capitalism existed in the US back then, you might have heard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rambo_III

So no, it was not propaganda, it was profit.

I removed the rambling nonsense from the end of your post.

We didn't arm or give money to the Taliban either. They didn't even exist when we were giving aid to the Afghanis, they formed after the Soviet pull out and yes were formed by people we may have helped, but the entity we know today as the Taliban didn't exist then and didn't receive money from us.

Either way the Soviets were a bigger threat armed with weapons that were looking to glass entire continents if we ever went to all out war with them and not just knock down a few buildings.

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
We didn't arm or give money to the Taliban either. They didn't even exist when we were giving aid to the Afghanis, they formed after the Soviet pull out and yes were formed by people we may have helped, but the entity we know today as the Taliban didn't exist then and didn't receive money from us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cyclone

Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United States Central Intelligence Agency program to arm, train, and finance the Afghan mujahideen during the Soviet war in Afghanistan, 1979 to 1989. The program leaned heavily towards supporting militant Islamic groups that were favored by neighboring Pakistan, rather than other, less ideological Afghan resistance groups that had also been fighting the Marxist-oriented Democratic Republic of Afghanistan regime since before the Soviet intervention.[1] Operation Cyclone was one of the longest and most expensive covert CIA operations ever undertaken;[2] funding began with $20–30 million per year in 1980 and rose to $630 million per year in 1987.[3]

which then gave birth to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qaeda
The origins of al-Qaeda as a network inspiring terrorism around the world and training operatives can be traced to the Soviet War in Afghanistan (December 1979 – February 1989).[71] The U.S. viewed the conflict in Afghanistan, with the Afghan Marxists and allied Soviet troops on one side and the native Afghan mujahideen, some of whom were radical Islamic militants, on the other, as a blatant case of Soviet expansionism and aggression. The U.S. channeled funds through Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence agency to the Afghan Mujahideen fighting the Soviet occupation in a CIA program called Operation Cyclone.[72][73]

Last edited:

Stayfr0sty

Mar 5, 2012
BTW, Rambo 3 was not Imperialist Propaganda.

It was a cheezy flik made to try and capitalize on the attitudes that were prevalent (just before) its release.

Propaganda. :rolleyes:

Hence its propaganda....

Rambo 2 and 3 were pure anti communist propaganda. The only good ones were the first and the last. Rambo is portrayed very differently.

And to all you bozos "die fighting for america" ideology.
Rambo even said it himself in the first movie he didnt want to go to vietnam that it was their war not his.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I've been to Lashkar Gah... RIP UK brothers.

By the way, 1/6th of ISAF deaths this year have been due to green on blue violence (Afghan police\soldiers killing their coalition partners.)