Aeron Chairs

JSang

Feb 3, 2002
these things carry quite a premium...but im getting a new chair very soon
anybody who own them have feedback on them?
thanks

(figured since speakers were in here...chairs would be too?)

Dre

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2001
Have you tried searching locally for a place that carries them? You need to find a small specialty store that does office furniture or chairs. I have a small store local to me that carries them, I went and tried them out myself. They were ok, didn't see what the hoopla was about.

NeoMadHatter

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2000
johntwang.com
i read about those chairs. they'd be mad expensive. they best be the most comfortable things in the world. my dad said they're real nice though. he sat in one at some 5star hotel that had them in every room. he said that they were really comfortable but wouldn't pay that much for a chair.

JSang

Feb 3, 2002
did look around...but couldnt find em in my area
i figure i sit in front of my computer almost as much as i sleep in my bed...so i should go for comfort

ubersam

Aug 8, 2001
J-
I use one at work and I like them a lot. If I could afford one, I'd get one for my personal use at home. Since you're in CA - here is a list of places that should have them. Don't know if any close to you though.

Staver

Oct 10, 1999
Hmm, just the kind of chair I was looking for. I'll go demo one today and see if they feel as good as they look. I was doing some research on them, and it seems only Authorized Dealers can issue the 12 year warranty, so beware. $799 seems the lowest with warranty and shipping.

JSang

Feb 3, 2002
i drove out to la (about a 30 min drive) and my butt was just too happy to say no....and yes, they really are that comfy

Dre

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2001
Originally posted by: JSang
i drove out to la (about a 30 min drive) and my butt was just too happy to say no....and yes, they really are that comfy

After a 30min drive, I'm sure your butt was happy ;)

Staver

Oct 10, 1999
You're right it is comfy. I had to order it, and with a 12 year warranty it beats the other chairs I have purchased on a price/warranty basis.

NeoMadHatter

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2000
johntwang.com
Originally posted by: Staver
You're right it is comfy. I had to order it, and with a 12 year warranty it beats the other chairs I have purchased on a price/warranty basis.

damn, a 12yr warranty. that's crazy, why not just give it the lifetime? how much was the chair? an arm or other limb?

WarSong

Golden Member
Jan 16, 2002
every chair in my company is an aeron... they are comfortable and all, but i don't think they are worth the cost. i use a $65 leather chair from office max at home :D

Staver

Oct 10, 1999
The chair was $799. I needed a good fully adjustable ergonomic chair for my back. I just wanted a chair for home like we had at work during our dept. trial chair period. The boss chose the cheapest one which is ok, but the more expensive one was really better. The retail, which I would not pay, is $1050. I was going to buy it locally, but I could not get someone to pick up the phone at a local dealer.

Staver

Oct 10, 1999
You'll get a 12 year warranty from an authorized Herman Miller Dealer only. I have seen the chair for $600 without the warranty, so if you buy one be sure to check here. They will tell you if the dealer really is.

Gog

Feb 1, 2002
I've got a question to owners of this chair... I've sat in these chairs and they are probably the most comfortable chairs I've ever experienced, but the plastic mesh that supports your arse and back can't last that long... how do u replace it? And what happens if the company goes bye-bye?

Staver

Oct 10, 1999
I figure that a company in business since 1923 is as good as any, and since they have so many authorized dealers who pay to sell their items. The items they make must be in demand, but with any company that goes out of business ---> out of luck. As for repairs, it looks like any authorized dealer handles that. There are 3 in my area.

dealerdave

Jan 18, 2002
The seat mesh is pretty tough - I've never seen a chair where it
was damaged. The air cylinder and plastic control knobs do break though.
You can buy these chairs used at dot com auctions for about $450
quantity one.nxnanand

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
i am sitting on one right now, and yes they are worth every penny...

if you can afford it, get one. if you can't afford it, get one anyway.