Advertising is great eh?

v-600

Nov 1, 2010
I love google sometimes. Today I was looking for flights from Kathmandu to Singapore for a conference. Now there are multiple airlines advertising on a range of websites offering me discounts, upgrades and cheaper flights than I found myself.

So

1) I may get a better deal than otherwise I would have done. For less work on my part hunting deals.

2) Many websites will be paid to host adverts and remain free to me as an end user.

3) One lucky airline will get a passenger and money they may not have had otherwise (and I'm sure they will still not be flying me at a loss).

All because I looked for flights online.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Like most things, advertising has some good sometimes and in some amounts, and some bad in other cases and other amounts.

It can be very useful, and it can be very destructive. Have you seen the documentary, "Century of the Self" yet? You should.

v-600

Nov 1, 2010
Like most things, advertising has some good sometimes and in some amounts, and some bad in other cases and other amounts.

It can be very useful, and it can be very destructive. Have you seen the documentary, "Century of the Self" yet? You should.

I've not seen it. On a 2 week holiday at the moment so I'll add it to my list of things I mean to watch.