advantages of have duel monitors

Naer

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2013
have a spare 24incher. Am i doing myself a disservice by not hooking it up? Also, will a ti750 do this? Need to know now

Last edited:

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
I think it is worth it.
Very useful for having the extra space on the desktop or running a VM or...or...
Yeah, that card should have no issues with having dual displays,

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
If you have a purpose for the added space, go for it. I personally have my disconnected, as it will up the clocks of your GPU, and can be distracting when gaming.

Aug 11, 2008
Depends on what you do. Personally, I never thought dual monitors would be useful until I used a setup that my predecessor at work had set up. Now I would not be without it. It just makes managing multiple windows so, so much easier. A 750Ti should be more than enough. I am doing it with a HD7770. It works fine, but I was a bit annoyed when I set it up that I had to buy a DVI to HDMI adapter because the card had only one DVI port and no VGA port, and the monitors were older ones with only DVI and VGA inputs.

Edit: I only use one monitor for gaming. I dont find the second monitor distracting, and it is great for having a walkthrough open while playing the game. Some games do have problems with side scrolling though.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I'd imagine you meant dual to begin with, but is a moot point, run a 47" off the side about 15' away extended screen with my sound system on the main all the time when not gaming.

DXiSjff.jpg

The bottom old Pioneer reciever is just to run the two Kenwoods in the room for dual subs.

It's pretty wimpy, pushes two not badly, could shove a bigger amp on those babies easily.

The original Kenwood 701 amp died long ago. RIP.

Even the JVC's do not have the original mids and tweeters :p Was a radio shack thing from the 80's also when the originals blew out, RIP Radio Shack also. They sound better than the original ones did still. That and they haven't blown up at high volumes over time.

:)

As cheap as they are, I'd like to hook up a 50" 4K in there these days, but money a bit tight atm :)

The AVR supports it, just something for the future i guess.

Last edited:

KingFatty

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2010
It's a bit silly not to at least try it yourself to see. Your computer won't explode or burn up if you try it, there isn't really any risk, so do it!

I think most people who try dual monitors end up liking it. Also, you can use the quick shortcut win+p to easily enable or disable the second monitor at a quick press, if you want to conserve power in a situation when you don't need the second.

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
I'd imagine you meant dual to begin with.

duelists.jpg

I don't know... a duel with my monitor sounds amusing. ;) But when it comes to productivity, nothing beats more screen real estate! Dual monitors means multiple programs without switching or windowing. Heck, if you're not overly busy, run a movie on one, work on the other.

Reactions: IEC

2is

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2012
If you have a purpose for the added space, go for it. I personally have my disconnected, as it will up the clocks of your GPU, and can be distracting when gaming.

I've only seen this up clocking behavior on AMD cards. None of my NVidia GPU's have done this.

Personally, I love having dual monitors. It's extremely useful for work, and for play, I like having my task manager and MSI afterburner running on the secondary monitor. My friends/family and I also often times group skype while enjoying some COD or CSGO. It's fun talking crap to each other while seeing facial expressions.

SPBHM

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2012
it's really nice to have more room to open stuff, if it's not for work, you can do things like let a video play on the second monitor and so on... why not?

I have 2 monitors, I enable and disable all the time, you just have to press winkey+p and 1 click, it takes like 2 seconds.

Billb2

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2005
Once you have a multi monitor setup you'll never go back.

But it's a lot easier on the eyes and brain if all the monitors are the same size and resolution. Moving a window to a different size/resolution hurts.

Reactions: guachi

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I have all 5 ports on my video card hooked up. Two 1440p, two 1080p and a cable going to my home theater.

cbn

Lifer
Mar 27, 2009
Personally, I never thought dual monitors would be useful until I used a setup that my predecessor at work had set up. Now I would not be without it. It just makes managing multiple windows so, so much easier.

+1

I agree.

Dual monitors make life so much easier if doing any type of multi-tasking. I use a 21.5" 1920 x 1080 next to a 17" 1280 x 1024 (pixel height and dpi matches very close).

May 11, 2008
At work, i can not function properly without a dual monitor setup.
At home i have only one monitor but that may change in the future if i ever have to do some serious work at home.I would have to put the second monitor above the main monitor then because of limited space. Is that even possible to tell windows that the second monitor is above the main one ?
Have to try that out Monday.

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
It's a bit silly not to at least try it yourself to see. Your computer won't explode or burn up if you try it, there isn't really any risk, so do it!
^ This

I don't game, and I really don't need a lot of screen space for work-related purposes (realistically, a 2nd monitor would end up being mostly an unhelpful distraction.) I did have 2 monitors hooked up to my home PC for a couple of years (a 19"/1440p primary with a 23.4"/2048x1152 secondary), but have ended up with just the larger, higher res one as my sole monitor, and for the time being, anyway, I'm happier with that than I was with 2.

The extra screen space was nice, but between having to angle the 2nd monitor toward my chair, and keeping my desk clear enough of "stuff" not to block the screen, it took up more physical space than I eventually decided the extra screen real estate was worth. I might end up mounting one or both to the wall at some point, which would make some difference (I'd still have to keep those miscellaneous "piles of stuff" to a minimum, and I do like to pile stuff up on pretty much any available flat surface.<lol>)