Discussion Ads issue

hashaam81

Jun 4, 2009
Is it just me or is everyone else having issues with ad links on the forum pages. What ever I try to click on any topic or a thread, ads open. It keeps on happening on firefox and edge on my windows laptop. Basically the forum can not be used. Refreshing does not help either. It is working fine on my tapatalk ios app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: chowderhead

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Not too long ago I had a baffling issue where nearly anything I clicked, took me to an ASRock website, product page, but that went away without any changes on my end, was very temporary.

Maybe just wait a bit and clear the browser cache? Also check your browsers for add-on/malware hijacking redirects etc.

Do you end up getting what look like legit advertisers or are they shady companies? Can you give an example of a page you end up on?

retnuh

Mar 3, 2004
Happens to me on macOS with Safari and Chrome when logged out, once I login the broken ad disappears. Prior to logging in if you inspect the page and on div#ctMediaContainer under its style uncheck height: 100% the page displays fine, the problem css is coming from https://assets.purch.com/creative-templates/2.0.20-20/css/partners/common.css?v=2.0.20-20 which appears to be floating the ad over the forum with a 100% height so everything you try to click ends up triggering the ad click. That may or may not be the correct css correction, I didn't mess with it anymore than hey that always seems to do the correct thing no matter what ad is showing and stopped investigating.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
^ That seems quite plausible, in the case I linked because I didn't have purch blocked in Chrome (and wasn't logged in) but did have purch blocked in Firefox.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
One option that should help is to use an ad blocker of your choice. I use ublock origin on firefox, on Windows/Linux. On my Samsung phone I use a mobile version of Adblock plus.

serpretetsky

Jan 7, 2012
I have the same issue. When not logged in the forum is unuseable. Anywhere I click takes me either to Asrock or Ampere. Tried on firefox and edge. Tried clearing cache on firefox, still the same.

Reactions: pcslookout

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
I have the same issue. When not logged in the forum is unuseable. Anywhere I click takes me either to Asrock or Ampere. Tried on firefox and edge. Tried clearing cache on firefox, still the same.
Bump. Just noticed this today when trying to check AT Forums as non-member (was using a different computer). The main advert for the main forum page hogs up half the screen and the rest is not even functional, until you log in. I appreciate having a different user experience for non-members and members but this is going a little far.

Reactions: pcslookout

wxmanunr

Oct 7, 2005
Bump. Just noticed this today when trying to check AT Forums as non-member (was using a different computer). The main advert for the main forum page hogs up half the screen and the rest is not even functional, until you log in. I appreciate having a different user experience for non-members and members but this is going a little far.

Ditto. Same thing for me. The site is not functional without logging in.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
The ad be Ginormous now. Blocks 3/4 of the forum main page. I guess nothing is going to be done about it.