Adobe Flash Player

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Seems like every time I reboot (don't do it a lot) Windows 10, I'm asked to download and install a new version of AFP. I never configure to install automatically. I UNCHECK the box to install McAfee whatever, download the installer and then install.

Do you install AFP? If so, how do you do it. If not, why not?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Yeah, no need for Adobe Flash Player, on a consumer internet system these days. If something's asking you to download it, it's probably malware. AFP is a malware magnet itself, too.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Well, my plan is to install Windows 7 back on both my Win10 laptops. Then probably run Firefox on both. I used to run Pale Moon all the time (Firefox derivative), and still do sometimes. Would both of them have AFP "built in?" I remember getting messages that AFP was necessary form some content to work/appear a few years ago.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I haven't had Flash installed for years. You likely don't need it either. If you deal with archaic governmental agencies, you /may/ need it, but most of the world's moved on.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I haven't had Flash installed for years. You likely don't need it either. If you deal with archaic governmental agencies, you /may/ need it, but most of the world's moved on.
I don't deal with such agencies but I do have some old software. Have no idea why I installed it in the first place but I have recollections of trying to run something and being told I need AFP, so I installed it.

When I revert to Win7 on my 2 Win10 laptops I won't install AFP, see what happens.

HopDAvid

May 8, 2012
Seems like every time I reboot (don't do it a lot) Windows 10, I'm asked to download and install a new version of AFP. I never configure to install automatically. I UNCHECK the box to install McAfee whatever, download the installer and then install.

Do you install AFP? If so, how do you do it. If not, why not?

I used to use Macromedia Freehand to make Flash animations. It was fun and easy.

Then Adobe ate Macromedia, I guess to get Flash. And then they pretty much destroyed it with the usual Adobe code bloat and needless complexity.

With my new computer I attempted to download AFP so I could see some of my old animations. But Adobe wanted me to start trial use of their photo library. I declined and so still do not have use of Flash.