Adire Audio releases a new driver motor. How does 7 INCHES of LINEAR travel sound?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Matt, GET THOSE CROWN AMPS OUT!! Jeez man! And veneer isnt cheap (not as much as one would expect anyways) But still, slick lookin setup. :)

As for box type, I think this thing would be perfect for IB setups. Do a cut through on the attic, mount it to the rafters and hope you have a steel frame house :D
I'm love to see this in a hatchback car (Where cabin gain REALLY gives you a kick) in a ported box tuned to around 50 or 55 hertz with about 10,000 watts on it. SPL records here we come! ;)

ThisIsMatt

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
Get them out where? ;) Naw, they're not collecting dust, I just don't have much use for them right now unless I swipe a pair or three of the bose 901's we have (I know, I know...) :p

ThisIsMatt

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs
Excuse my ignorance, but what the hell does it do?
It's the motor assembly ("magnet") for a speaker (subwoofer). The voice coil goes around the center pole and travels linearly along it, moving the cone.

mindwreck

Golden Member
May 25, 2003
Originally posted by: Shockwave
Linky

Looks like theres a new toy for those home theater subwoofer setups. ;)
I WANT ONE!! :Q :Q

And heres something to think about.... With a 48"x48" panel its the equivelent of 88 Tumult drivers

most have now....

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
I think my brain is melting....

I think I know how lay-people feel when I talk computers with them and their eyes glaze over...

v3rrv3

Golden Member
May 26, 2002
And how much does this cost? :p BTW I like the looks of your box ThisIsMatt, I've been reading some of your posts over at HTF. I like the dogits? Grooves whatever, I forget what my pa called them :p

- Kevin

95SS

Golden Member
Nov 30, 2003
About a year ago, I spent about two hours talking to Dan Wiggins at the Adire shop in Seattle. Smartest man I've ever spoken with. I had a look at the Koda components before they were released, and I just knew that he'd have something up his sleeve to shock the $hit out of us very soon. But i never could have imagined anything like this. That motor is abso-fvckin-lutely insane!!!! Now do I need 4 Brahma 15's or........?

ThisIsMatt

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: v3rrv3
And how much does this cost? :p BTW I like the looks of your box ThisIsMatt, I've been reading some of your posts over at HTF. I like the dogits? Grooves whatever, I forget what my pa called them :p

- Kevin
Damn I've been found out! I made the grooves with a dado blade on the table saw :)

gogeeta13

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Shockwave
Matt, GET THOSE CROWN AMPS OUT!! Jeez man! And veneer isnt cheap (not as much as one would expect anyways) But still, slick lookin setup. :)

As for box type, I think this thing would be perfect for IB setups. Do a cut through on the attic, mount it to the rafters and hope you have a steel frame house :D
I'm love to see this in a hatchback car (Where cabin gain REALLY gives you a kick) in a ported box tuned to around 50 or 55 hertz with about 10,000 watts on it. SPL records here we come! ;)

And broken rear hatch windows. I have seen it, with barely 158 db.