adding IDE ports

colonel

Golden Member
Apr 22, 2001
Hi , I got one 60gb drive Maxtor 7200rpm and I have a PCI iomagic for ATA100 in my PCI #4, everything is installed it, after reset the ring I can see the Maxtor. My question is how to start format the drive? I dont see the drive in my Computer. There is any way to reach the card bios?:confused:

jamesbond007

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
To see your drive, you must format it first. You can use any regular Windows bootup disk that has FDISK.EXE and FORMAT.COM on it. The ATA100 card's BIOS loads before the mainboard's BIOS checks the A drive for a floppy. Open up FDISK and you should see your drive there. Then you can partition it however you want it, but then you must reboot to format the drive. Reboot again and Windows should detect/see it.

garcher

Apr 10, 2002
If you have XP, the go into computer management then logical disk manager -- you should see the drive there and be able to format it.

colonel

Golden Member
Apr 22, 2001
No I have WinMe, I have Partition Magic, I can see my 3 disk but the problem is my mouse is no responding, I guess because is USB. With FDISK everytime i reboot in Dos it sees the wrong disk, Should I pull the cables from the IDE motherboard in order to FDISK pick my new disk.