adding a wireless router to the inside of a case

dum

Oct 11, 2001
i've been thinking about this as part of my next mod and what i want to do is cut a hole in the back of my case and fasten a wireless router to the inside. That way i could take my computer anywhere and always have connectivity for myself or other people.

my problem is that i'm not sure how to power the router inside the case. Does anyone know how i should go about doing this? I don't want to use the AC adapter and would like to wire it to the power supply but my knowledge of electricity is limited.

Rotax

Oct 10, 1999
hmm could possibly, as i'm sure that the adapter for the hub prob converts to DC..?? you'd have to find out how much voltage the hub takes, if its 12v, you shouldn't have much of a problem. but if it does need the ac adapter, that could be a pain in the butt..prob could tap right into the power supplies plug..but that as i said, could get messy indeed. but either way i don't see it being an easy thing to do.

Eric1285

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2002
Mod a nice 5 dbi Omnidirectional antenna onto your case, as the router won't like being stuck in a metal box very much.