Adam Lanza sounds like a lot of people I know on the internet.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
++

pharmaceutical-lobby.jpg

nra2n-topcontributors.jpg

$158 million > $1 million

No wonder the politicians aren't touching the pharmaceutical industry.

Uno

Bu-bu-bu- I heard lots of talk this week about the massively powerful NRA lobby as being the reason why the Senate just barely chose to even debate gun legislation.

Honestly, a million bucks sounds a little low, though.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Adam Lanza reminds me a lot of Kip Kinkel.

Kip Kinkel basically became obsessed with guns. Started small. Got bigger. his parents enabled him the entire way until he killed them, then shot up a school.

I seriously wonder how much was Nancy Lanza's gun collection from her own interest and how much was driven by her son's obsession. One interesting thing is that absent her collection, the background check/waiting period would have hindered Adam Lanza. Also, why would he try to buy a gun if they already had the big collection at home? The gun he wanted to buy sounded like a simple hunting rifle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kip_Kinkel

1127 rounds? I know exactly what that is. He brought two of those boxes of 550 .22 rounds and one small magazine for his other gun

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Do you believe everything you read on the internet? This nonsense about Libor was fabricated by Sorcha Faal, a conspiracy theorist troll so insane and so often completely wrong that even other conspiracy theorists ignore her/him.

It's easy to debunk with character assassination, although it is not as easy to debunk when you look at the jobs the shooters' fathers had. It makes perfect sense they would testify, and even more sense that their family would come under harm when they decided to do so. Just look at what happened to the CNBC executive's kids after they reported the $43 trillion lawsuit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1Yg2JQypdc

Venix, do you believe nothing you read on the internet? Are Hannity and Maddow the only acceptable sources of information now? Wake up. Nobody is buying their bullshit anymore.

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
*looks at the pro-gun sentiment*

Still mad about being shoved in the lockers in 5th grade?
Possibly. How can one know? I can't fathom that sort of thing happening, at least not without significant injury. What goes on culturally that allows physical bullying? Even weak nerds have useful fingernails, elbows, feet, knees, and teeth. IoW, what causes someone to be raised to be a good target? How much do the drugs kids take for expanded-definition illnesses increase the level to which they will tolerate abuse while remaining docile?

Gotta remember he was the son of some GE board member who pulled in like $1mil/yr
:hmm: We should ban rich white boys. That'll do it. I don't think our economy could survive banning rich Asian boys. They will have to be allowed to occasionally rampage as young adults.

Venix

Golden Member
Aug 22, 2002
It's easy to debunk with character assassination, although it is not as easy to debunk when you look at the jobs the shooters' fathers had. It makes perfect sense they would testify, and even more sense that their family would come under harm when they decided to do so. Just look at what happened to the CNBC executive's kids after they reported the $43 trillion lawsuit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1Yg2JQypdc

Venix, do you believe nothing you read on the internet? Are Hannity and Maddow the only acceptable sources of information now? Wake up. Nobody is buying their bullshit anymore.

Corporate media tools are terrible sources of information, but even they're more credible than the unsubstantiated ramblings of known liars.

This CNBC conspiracy theory is even dumber than the Libor one, and it pains to me know that there are people gullible and stupid enough to actually believe this shit. CNBC didn't report anything; they reprinted a widely distributed PR Newswire press release. It was simultaneously reprinted by the Wall Street Journal, Yahoo, and dozens of other news sites.

The US Senate denies any "Libor hearings" or any interest in Holmes and Lanza. But some guy on the internets said otherwise so there must be an Illuminati conspiracy. [Insert ramblings about fluoridated water and chemtrails here]