Question Ad Blocking Software for Beaker Browser

DK1994

Mar 25, 2021
I recently installed Beaker. Although I support it for trying to make the web P2P, I'd like to install an ad blocker on top of that, but I haven't been able to find any. I'd like to know if there are any, and if there aren't, could someone with a programming background build one as an extention?

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
To write an extension, the necessary apis would have to be available to use. Alternatively, you could fork the browser, and add the functionality to the core. Both options are beyond me

DK1994

Mar 25, 2021
Apparently Beaker has no plan to include extension functionality. The best bet is to use another browser for the normal internet surfing.

I recently downloaded LibreWolf. Unfortunately, you have to get extentions from FireFox's website (because it's a fork of it), but thankfully uBlock Origin comes bundled with it by default. I imagine that sometime in the not too distant future, LW will be out of it's infancy stage and have a huge list of it's own extentions.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
I imagine that sometime in the not too distant future, LW will be out of it's infancy stage and have a huge list of it's own extentions.
It will only happen in your dream. An extension ecosystem is extremely hard to build, and what's the purpose of that?

DK1994

Mar 25, 2021
It will only happen in your dream. An extension ecosystem is extremely hard to build, and what's the purpose of that?
*I'm not arguing with you when saying this, as I'm sure building an eco-system isn't a walk in the park* Although FF's extensions aren't the greatest, explain to me how they've managed to get theirs to work. As far as the purpose of it goes, a person could make an improved version of FF through LW.