GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Also, it comes with either an automatic transmission or a manual transmission. Sweet!

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
Originally posted by: johnnytightlips
What can you guys tell me about this car? I like the luxury/sporty/value combo of Acuras...

I test drove one a few months back and seriously considered buying it. I ended up deciding that I really need a pickup truck, so I passed and am slowly shopping for a pickup. If I was still in the market for a sporty sedan, I'd definitely pick up the TSX. I really just like it all around.

JonTheBaller

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2002
Can anyone compare it to the Honda Accord? I am looking for a sportier car (I'm 22), but I also like some luxury features.

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
its going to be a high reving engine with not much torque in comparison to a V6 accord. Its engine seems a lot like the one in my prelude.

JonTheBaller

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2002
Originally posted by: Maverick
its going to be a high reving engine with not much torque in comparison to a V6 accord. Its engine seems a lot like the one in my prelude.

What exactly does that mean... sorry I don't know that much about engines.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

Drive a V8 mustang and then drive a Civic....

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
Can anyone compare it to the Honda Accord? I am looking for a sportier car (I'm 22), but I also like some luxury features.
I think you'd be happier with a TSX than an Accord. The TSX is definitely the "sportier" of the two, so even though it's probably not a whole lot faster than an Accord V6, the suspension is stiffer (which gives you a harsher ride but better cornering). The TSX would also have a slightly nicer (if somewhat less roomy) interior and more standard features, including more luxury features.
Plus Acuras in general usually have better quality control than Hondas and the dealer service is likely to be better.
Also, I think the TSX looks a LOT better than the current Accord (although the coupe isn't that bad).

JACKHAMMER

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Actually the accord v6 coupe is faster. Plus, if you plan on getting an automatic DO NOT get the TSX.

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
Originally posted by: Mwilding

Drive a V8 mustang and then drive a Civic....

A V8 Camaro/Firebird has MUCH more torque.

EDIT: Oh, a TSX is a VERY NICE car. I sat in one in a car show, I liked it alot better than the RSX (which is lovely as well). I know if I needed a nice sedan, the TSX would be my first choice at the moment.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: JACKHAMMER
Actually the accord v6 coupe is faster. Plus, if you plan on getting an automatic DO NOT get the TSX.

2.4L K-series I4 with 200hp vs 3.0 V6 with 240hp....yea that seems pretty obvious. (oops, I mean in reference to Smooth) As it is, the TSX is just marginally faster than the 2.4 I4 (160hp) in the Accord....the alloy wheels slow it down quite a bit.

The TSX is a nice car - a "luxury" Accord if you really wish to call it that. If I'm going for an Acura though I'd just go for the TL - base price difference is only $4K.

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
I was talking about the sedan, but I checked around on Google and I'm not even sure the TSX is faster than the Accord V6 sedan. That kind of sucks.

shazbot

Jul 25, 2001
2 of my friends just recently bought TSX's. they really like it. Seems pretty nice to me, altho very much like an accord, but with a much nicer interior, & the styling looks better.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: BigSmooth
I was talking about the sedan, but I checked around on Google and I'm not even sure the TSX is faster than the Accord V6 sedan. That kind of sucks.

See my above post. The TSX is BARELY faster than the I4 Accord in manual. It can't touch the 6.

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH

See my above post. The TSX is BARELY faster than the I4 Accord in manual. It can't touch the 6.
Saw that after I posted. I was surprised when I actually started looking up the numbers. I thought the TSX was smaller and would have a better power-to-weight ratio. Plus Acura is marketing the TSX as a fairly sporty sedan, not something that can be outgunned by a V6 Accord. I mean, that's what my grandma drives.

Aug 16, 2001
What can you guys tell me about this car? I like the luxury/sporty/value combo of Acuras...

Yet another fool that fell for the marketing ploy when 'Acura' was created for the US market.
The Acura TSX is the European Honda Accord.

Still a nice car though.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Saw that after I posted. I was surprised when I actually started looking up the numbers, because Acura is marketing the TSX as a fairly sporty sedan, not something that can be outgunned by a V6 Accord. I mean, that's what my grandma drives.

honda markets the civics as "sporty"

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
Originally posted by: FrustratedUser

Yet another fool that fell for the marketing ploy when 'Acura' was created for the US market.
The Acura TSX is the European Honda Accord.

Still a nice car though.
It was funny on my trip to London to see tons of "TSX"s running around with Accord badges on them.
I thought it would be a little faster because it's smaller (and presumably lighter) than the US Accord, but I guess it's still underpowered.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003

Saw that after I posted. I was surprised when I actually started looking up the numbers, because Acura is marketing the TSX as a fairly sporty sedan, not something that can be outgunned by a V6 Accord. I mean, that's what my grandma drives.

Sporty as in handling and other attributes, like a 325i. TSX = Upscale Accord w/ I4, TL = Upscale Accord w/ V6.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
My best friend bought a new TSX a few months ago. He also bought a new TL for his wife. They are both very nice cars and he loves his TSX but he's not as into performance cars as I am so I would probably find it a bit underpowered for my tastes...then again, I'm driving an SUV and considering buying a new truck so WTF do I know??? Hehehe.

I have an '03 Maxima SE that would absolutely kill the TSX in acceleration. I'm kind of partial to a sporty sedan with lots of power.

I think my ideal car would be a BMW 540i (not the new 2004 Bangled version though-it would have to be a 2003 or earlier).

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000

Sporty as in handling and other attributes, like a 325i. TSX = Upscale Accord w/ I4, TL = Upscale Accord w/ V6.
Gotcha. Although at least the Bimmer is RWD.
Still, even though it's not terribly quick, the TSX is a decent value given the price and standard equipment levels.

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
If you want power and looks, get the TL
if you want just looks, get the TSX
if you want just power, get the accord v6