Actress arrested for ricin letters.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...ted-for-ricin-letters-to-obama-bloomberg.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...icin-laced-letters-sent-to-president/2400989/

A TV actress was arrested Friday in connection with ricin-laced letters sent to President Obama and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

The arrest of Shannon Rogers Guess Richardson, 38, initially reported by NBC News, comes two weeks after Richardson contacted the FBI claiming that her husband, Nathan Richardson, had sent the letters last month to Obama, Bloomberg and Mark Glaze, head of a gun-control organization co-founded by Bloomberg.

Nathan Richardson, a 33-year-old Army veteran, was questioned by the FBI last week. He has been married to Guess, a former Dallas beauty queen, since 2011. Mrs. Richardson, a mother of five, has had minor roles in cable TV series The Walking Dead and The Vampire Diaries.

Richardson contacted agents after she said she found a suspicious substance in her refrigerator and ricin-related Internet searches on the couple's computer. But investigators said she had sent the letters.

Attorney John Delk, who represents Nathan Richardson, said his client is divorcing his wife and claimed she was trying to set him up when she contacted authorities about the letters. "There are a lot of factors I'm aware of that indicate (he) was set up in this deal by her," Delk said.

Delk said Nathan Richardson came to him to discuss a potential divorce a year ago and finally hired him on May 6, weeks before the ricin incident came to light. The couple is expecting their first child in October. Shannon Richardson also has five children ranging in age from 4 to 19 from other relationships, Delk said

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3735316/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1
Anyone remember her from The Walking Dead?

Last edited by a moderator:

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Yeah I was searching my memory trying to figure out who she was, but there were quite a few minor characters in The Walking Dead over the three seasons so I can't really place her. Weird story.

KT

RelaxTheMind

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2002
her resume says "The Walking Dead - Zombie"

she has one of the worlds pointiest elbows in her picture under her resume on imdb.

Last edited:

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Repost/Merged

Fern
Super Moderator

Recently there was a case where a woman turned her husband inn because he had a substance she claimed was Ricin stored in a refrigerator.

So I am listening to the radio and they are saying this is all to get back at her husband because he filed for a divorce.

Just dont get your wife angry in Texas.

Last edited by a moderator:

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Look at the eyes. There's crazy in there.

Wise man say never stick dick in crazy.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Bitch!!! I guess he is lucky she didn't hack him up in the shower and shoot him.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Look at the eyes. There's crazy in there.

Wise man say never stick dick in crazy.

When you're sticking your dick in something, it's often the dick that is doing the thinking for you. And the dick doesn't see crazy very often.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
So in both the recent ricin cases the perps tried to pin it on their "enemy".

That strategy doesn't seem to be working out. :hmm:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
http://news.yahoo.com/fbi-texas-woman-admits-sending-obama-ricin-letter-224209968.html

FBI: Texas woman admits sending Obama ricin letter

The FBI says a Texas woman admitted sending ricin-tainted letters to President Barack Obama and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, but only after trying to pin it on her husband.

Shannon Guess Richardson was charged Friday with mailing a threat to the president. The federal charge carries up to 10 years in prison.

The 35-year-old actress and pregnant mother of five contacted authorities on May 30 to implicate her husband.

An FBI affidavit says she failed a polygraph test and investigators found inconsistencies in her story.

The affidavit says she later admitted mailing the letters knowing they contained ricin, but said her husband typed them and made her do it.

No charges have been filed against her husband. His attorney says the couple is divorcing and the letters were a setup.

Da debil made me do it!!

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Good they aren't getting the husband involved. Seems like one seriously koo-koo liberal actress.

If it was just crushed beans can they really get her on it?

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
It's idiotic that she thought she could fool trained interrogators and a lie detector with her bullshit story.

She must really have a high opinion of her acting, despite never making it big.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
It's idiotic that she thought she could fool trained interrogators and a lie detector with her bullshit story.

She must really have a high opinion of her acting, despite never making it big.

She is just one of many bat shit insane crazy wifes that happen to be good looking. Wise man also say don't marry very attractive woman, likeliness of crazy goes exponential. Wise man say chances increase 10 fold if a ginger as they have no soul, no remorse.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Can someone enlighten me how they track snail mail?

If I send a blank letter in a random mail box without a return address, how do they trace it back?

I assume it's by other means... if it's not finger prints, how do they nail it to an exact person?

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007

If I send a blank letter in a random mail box without a return address, how do they trace it back?

I assume it's by other means... if it's not finger prints, how do they nail it to an exact person?

Probably a combination of factors.
What mailbox it came from.
Finger prints.
ALL laser printers inprint their serial number on EVERY document you print.
Things like PRISM that track your internet comments.
Credit card receipts for what has been sold relating to what they are tracking.
CCTV footage.
Ect.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000

They don't, afaik. They know the general area where the letters were dropped off from the postmark, but that's about it.

This woman was basically busted by herself. She contacted the feds and tried to blame it on her husband. I haven't seen any indication that they had any clue who had sent the letters prior to that.

As for the previous case from Mississippi, again the guy basically busted himself. The initial suspect had a history of sending bizarre letters to Wicker (apparently he suffers from mental issues). The guy who actually sent the ricin letters had a falling out with the initial suspect and tried to get him in trouble. Once the initial suspect was ruled out, they looked for someone else who 1) had a bad history with Wicker and/or the judge to whom the letters were sent and 2) had a bad history with the initial suspect. That led investigators to the perp. Edit: Also, IIRC, I think the letters may have also had some quote in them that one of the suspects was known to use frequently.

afaik, there wasn't much in the way of forensic evidence that actually put investigators on the right path (at least initially).

Last edited: