"Act of Aggression" classic RTS coming!

Feb 4, 2009
Don't be bummed out over Generals 2. Seemed like it was going F2P with unit purchases & upgrades.
I miss old school RTS games too

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Don't be bummed out over Generals 2. Seemed like it was going F2P with unit purchases & upgrades.
I miss old school RTS games too

Act of aggression is coming soon. I don't know if its F2P. God I hope not. That's instant death for an RTS IMO when you have good units behind a pay wall. Makes it unfair and really lame.
I remember Act of War, and whenthat came out it was sort of on the heels of Generals I think. It was a copy cat game that did an OK job, but it didn't have the magic or appeal that generals had.
I think those same people are making Act of Aggression and hopefully they learned some things and have a good game coming. In any case they seem to be our best and last hope really for a good old fashioned RTS with the benefits of modern technology. Really looking forward to checking this one out and I am willing to buy it based on principle alone.

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
I agree Act of War lacked some of the "magic" that Generals had, but I also remember it being a much better engine.

If you want "classic" RTS, check out Gray Goo.

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
I miss playing generals.

The basic style and gameplay of Red Alert or Tiberium Dawn combined with the base building mechanics of Generals and general mechanics from Supreme Commander is something I would love to play especially with Vulkan API, 64 bit engines, massive maps, advanced AI, and potentially more advanced and complex campaigns.

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
The basic style and gameplay of Red Alert or Tiberium Dawn combined with the base building mechanics of Generals and general mechanics from Supreme Commander is something I would love to play especially with Vulkan API, 64 bit engines, massive maps, advanced AI, and potentially more advanced and complex campaigns.

Keep an eye on Ashes of the Singularity.