Acrobat Help, scanned 500 pages , but some are not in order

Kushina

Golden Member
Nov 22, 2010
I scanned one of my old books (about 500 pages), someone of the pages did not scan correctly so I had to redo them afterwords.

Problem is they are not in order, but they do have page numbers. Sometimes in the top right and sometimes in the top left. How can I get adobe to recognize that and reorder them properly?

Also how can I get it to recognize the table of contents and make it functional as a PDF? OCR has worked well to recognize the text and make it searchable if you were wondering.

I've got about 2000 more pages to go so an automatic built in way from Acrobat XI Pro would be good, I know it is a function of acrobat I just don't know what it's called or how to use it :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Mushkins

Golden Member
Feb 11, 2013
What did you use to scan them, exactly?

If it's only a handful of pages out of order, the easiest solution would be to just manually rearrange the pages in Acrobat. Finding something that's going to accurately use OCRed page numbers to reorder the document reliably is likely not worth the effort, if it even exists.

tynopik

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2004
I scanned one of my old books (about 500 pages), someone of the pages did not scan correctly so I had to redo them afterwords.

Problem is they are not in order, but they do have page numbers. Sometimes in the top right and sometimes in the top left. How can I get adobe to recognize that and reorder them properly?

how many pages did you have to redo?

you aren't going to find anything that will OCR the page numbers and reorder based on that, you'll either have to do it manually, or if there is some pattern (like the pages are interleaved like 1,3,2,4) there might be something you can do

most likely you're just going to have to manually reorder the pages

Also how can I get it to recognize the table of contents and make it functional as a PDF? OCR has worked well to recognize the text and make it searchable if you were wondering.

I've got about 2000 more pages to go so an automatic built in way from Acrobat XI Pro would be good, I know it is a function of acrobat I just don't know what it's called or how to use it :D

i have never heard of such a functionality (building automated TOC/index via ocr)