Acorn Scares Police Officer -Empties Mag Into His Patrol Car w Suspect in Back

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Can’t make this shit up

Acorn falls on his patrol car, he screams shots fired, I’m hit while doing somersaults and then opens fire emptying the magazine into his car with an unarmed suspect in the back. His partner thinking he’s been shot also opens fire on the car.

Just amazing.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
He felt like his life was in danger from that squirrel 🐿️ chucking an acorn at the car.

I swear the Onion is going to go out of business because of the wave of morons we have in this country. These stories defy belief. Utter incompetence.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Yeah the cop that flipped out and claimed to be hit served for 10 years as infantry and special forces officer, with 2 tours in Afghanistan. I'd say PTSD is a good bet. He resigned. I'd bet my left one that he'll just go get a job in another county.

Nothing he did (in the video at least) was by the book.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Yeah the cop that flipped out and claimed to be hit served for 10 years as infantry and special forces officer, with 2 tours in Afghanistan. I'd say PTSD is a good bet. He resigned. I'd bet my left one that he'll just go get a job in another county.

Nothing he did (in the video at least) was by the book.
Id imagine as soon as the PTSD triggered the book is gone as fight or flight takes over instantly

I hope he gets the help he needs before going on patrol again.

Last edited:

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
This isn't the case with every veteran who becomes a police officer, but goddamn if this isn't a prime example of why ex-military should not be cops. They're better trained in many ways than typical civilian-turned-police, but also come home with issues like PTSD, and use to an environment where any perceived threat is returned 10 fold. Way over the top.

The problem is, it's the cops that want these kinds of twitchy-trigger chuckleheads.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Enemy Identification cheat-sheet:

View attachment 93888

It has to be the 30mm slug on the far left from the sound it made when it got fired at the squad car. It was clearly expended from a shotgun because the wadding somehow got stuck on the back of the slug. You can also clearly see the striations on it that the uncleaned bore on the squirrel's teeth made upon firing the round.

Last edited:

yottabit

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2008
Reading the PDF, apparently suspect was known/under suspicion to have a silenced handgun as well, wouldn't say where it was

Not defending them by any means but a suppressed shot from inside a vehicle MIGHT sound similar to an acorn hitting

I was going into this one thinking "this is what happens when you play too much Call of Duty" but knowing the officer was ex-military and probably suffering from PTSD just makes me feel bad

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Reading the PDF, apparently suspect was known/under suspicion to have a silenced handgun as well, wouldn't say where it was

Not defending them by any means but a suppressed shot from inside a vehicle MIGHT sound similar to an acorn hitting

I was going into this one thinking "this is what happens when you play too much Call of Duty" but knowing the officer was ex-military and probably suffering from PTSD just makes me feel bad

So wasn’t silenced? Was? Gun and silencer recovered?

What makes me feel bad is that people aren’t vetted enough before throwing them out to the civilians to comply or die

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
I honestly think the NRA are 100% right when they say that guns don't kill people, people kill people. Paraphrasing that, it's not a problem that Americans own a lot of guns, the problem is that they're Americans. All that bullshit about "trigger discipline" and then they spook like a horse who's seen a skunk.

Reactions: Leeea

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I honestly think the NRA are 100% right when they say that guns don't kill people, people kill people. Paraphrasing that, it's not a problem that Americans own a lot of guns, the problem is that they're Americans. All that bullshit about "trigger discipline" and then they spook like a horse who's seen a skunk.
Guns make people more scared and think they are more likely to need to defend themselves with deadly force.

Drach

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2022
Well if the guy in the car didn't have ptsd he does now. I hope that officer gets some help for his.

Reactions: Pohemi

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Officers in the military are not enlisted personnel.

He never started as a proper grunt, an 11B with the rank of private.

He was a Cadet at West Point, got his required bachelor's degree, obtained a commission, and then started off as a 2nd Lieutenant(a butterbar). Only during the period of being in the lowest ranks would there be any action for an officer. The higher up he went in the officer ranks, the more desk job and administrative his job became.

It's not easy to enlist first and then become an officer. They actually make it hard and you have to do stuff like Green-to-Gold to get out of the enlisted ranks into the officer ranks. Officers are assigned their division, they don't get a choice.

What I believe that is that he intentionally missed just to spook the guy.

The Army is actually quite adept at "legal weaseling". It's one of the branches of government where it can exercise it's enforcement and money grubbing functions at will. Getting "article 15'd" is a rite of passage, where the slightest of flaws, or even made up flaws can result in disciplinary action.

The military's rank system is derived from the old British system. What was changed was the removal of the ability to merely buy a commission. But the separation of those with a commission and non-commissioned officers remain, and those with commission have power over all NCOs. The drill sergeant you might have seen in movies appears to be an authority, but he is actually low on the actual rank scale, a disposable enlisted. Plenty of red herrings for civilians to get confused on who is actually the boss in the military.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Officers in the military are not enlisted personnel.

He never started as a proper grunt, an 11B with the rank of private.

He was a Cadet at West Point, got his required bachelor's degree, obtained a commission, and then started off as a 2nd Lieutenant(a butterbar). Only during the period of being in the lowest ranks would there be any action for an officer. The higher up he went in the officer ranks, the more desk job and administrative his job became.

It's not easy to enlist first and then become an officer. They actually make it hard and you have to do stuff like Green-to-Gold to get out of the enlisted ranks into the officer ranks. Officers are assigned their division, they don't get a choice.

What I believe that is that he intentionally missed just to spook the guy.

The Army is actually quite adept at "legal weaseling". It's one of the branches of government where it can exercise it's enforcement and money grubbing functions at will. Getting "article 15'd" is a rite of passage, where the slightest of flaws, or even made up flaws can result in disciplinary action.

The military's rank system is derived from the old British system. What was changed was the removal of the ability to merely buy a commission. But the separation of those with a commission and non-commissioned officers remain, and those with commission have power over all NCOs. The drill sergeant you might have seen in movies appears to be an authority, but he is actually low on the actual rank scale, a disposable enlisted. Plenty of red herrings for civilians to get confused on who is actually the boss in the military.
c09ed7f622dd69c417885ce2b8d414ded87ca4a3d90cbdf645892f415e95dfd1_1.jpg

my comment is already in the picture