ACORN plans to disrupt forclosures

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
As the bill was getting bounced around before finalization, there was a line item of 2 Billion for ACORN. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize that that was bringing a lot of heat down on Congress.

So, the final version of the bill does not specifically earmark money for ACORN, but there is however, 5.2 Billion available that could be utilized by ACORN or similar groups.

So Congress, Olberman, the Obama administration or whomever can proudly state that there is no money earmarked for ACORN and they're not telling a lie. In reality there is money in the stimulus bill for ACORN. We'll never know how much they get.

Typically political bullshit. Depending on your leanings, there is money for ACORN, or their isn't.

The bigger concern is the ramifications of the intervention by ACORN in foreclosures. My guess is that there will be a couple of messy ones, and Obama will exert his influence on the group to cease the behavior. There will be money crossing the table to help entice them, and the situation will be a win-win for the Dems. Politics as usual.

FuzzyBee

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Harvey
Originally posted by: Jiggz

So you believe Olbermann, a nut job one way liberal commentator over an elected Representative! Great! So why are we even believing in BHO?

HELL, YES! I believe Keith Olbermann over a wingnut whack job like Michel Bachman.

Well, that explains a lot. Keep eating what they're feeding you...

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Well in this case he's right and she's lying. There isn't any Stim money designated specifically for Acorn

Will or will not Acorn benefit from the stim package....

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: bozack
Well in this case he's right and she's lying. There isn't any Stim money designated specifically for Acorn

Will or will not Acorn benefit from the stim package....

Well YES but only $4 billion that isn't specifacally designated for ACORN, they did provide a service so now they must be paid.

Liberals..... you can't find a more honest bunch.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: FuzzyBee

So you believe Olbermann, a nut job one way liberal commentator over an elected Representative! Great! So why are we even believing in BHO?

HELL, YES! I believe Keith Olbermann over a wingnut whack job like Michel Bachman.

I'm 67, healthy and slim with all my hair. You bet I'll stay with my diet. :thumbsup: :cool:

If you don't like it, I won't share the info. :p

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Originally posted by: SagaLore
Easy solution: If they're illegally squatting, they can get the electricity cutoff.

Easier solution: just circulate the rumor that the squatters are "religious extremists" or are abusing children, and the squatters will be outta there before you can say Waco or Ruby Ridge. Of course the property might be a bit worse for wear, but hey...

FuzzyBee

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2000
Originally posted by: FuzzyBee

I'm 67, healthy and slim with all my hair. You bet I'll stay with my diet. :thumbsup: :cool:

If you don't like it, I won't share the info. :p

Yep! So is everyone else that's online.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Budmantom
Well YES but only $4 billion that isn't specifacally designated for ACORN, they did provide a service so now they must be paid.

LOL only 4 billion...c'mon red, so while that liberal knob slobberer Olberman was right from a "semantics" standpoint as they weren't named in black and white, the fact is that Acorn directly benefits from the stim package and pretty heavily, one could argue that they were in mind when that pork was added.

And you're right, I guess they have to be paid for all those fradulent votes they delivered.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Budmantom

LOL only 4 billion...c'mon red, so while that liberal knob slobberer Olberman was right from a "semantics" standpoint as they weren't named in black and white, the fact is that Acorn directly benefits from the stim package and pretty heavily, one could argue that they were in mind when that pork was added.

And you're right, I guess they have to be paid for all those fradulent votes they delivered.
One could argue that but they'd be wrong.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Wow, the echo chamber is certainly resonating stupidity today. You guys should really try pulling your dittoheads out of your asses once in a while. Sour grapes make bad whine.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000

Hey Red, so then were is the proof that Acorn wasn't who these monies were earmarked for?? lets see it :)

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Hey Red, so then were is the proof that Acorn wasn't who these monies were earmarked for?? lets see it :)
Does it say anywhere in that Bill that those money are for ACORN? No so there's your proof.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Does it say anywhere in that Bill that those money are for ACORN? No so there's your proof.

But you just said above that Acorn stands to benefit pretty well from this bill no?? so again where is the proof that they weren't thinking of giving Acorn a payback when they authored this thing...or are we just to assume it is total happenstance that Acorn is getting a big piece of the pie.

I would think that the buden of proof is on "your camp" given that all the proof I need is that they are getting a big wad of cash as a result of this bill...but hey if you want to think simply because they weren't named in the bill then whatever....

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

But you just said above that Acorn stands to benefit pretty well from this bill no?? so again where is the proof that they weren't thinking of giving Acorn a payback when they authored this thing...or are we just to assume it is total happenstance that Acorn is getting a big piece of the pie.

I would think that the buden of proof is on "your camp" given that all the proof I need is that they are getting a big wad of cash as a result of this bill...but hey if you want to think simply because they weren't named in the bill then whatever....
They and hundreds of other organizations have to vie for a small piece of the Stim. None of it is designated for Acorn specifically

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
If you dont move your house hold goods to another location like storage then the state/bank can auction it off pennies on the dollar. However, if you rent an apartment you can just move there with all of your stuff. You will just add to your pain and your expense with added legal fees. The system is against you and the system will win.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

They and hundreds of other organizations have to vie for a small piece of the Stim. None of it is designated for Acorn specifically

BTW I'm not defending ACORN, especially with this situation.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Acanthus
ACORNs funds were cut from the bill early in negotiations.

ACORN did not get funds in the reinvestment and recovery act.

Regardless, what they're doing is flat out wrong and being wrapped up in a blanket of "civil disobedience"

Committing and encouraging crime is NOT a way to help, but that's exactly what they're doing on a nationwide scale.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: spidey07

Regardless, what they're doing is flat out wrong and being wrapped up in a blanket of "civil disobedience"

Committing and encouraging crime is NOT a way to help, but that's exactly what they're doing on a nationwide scale.
I believe they think they have more influence than they really do and if they keep this crap up they'll find themselves in a world of hurt legally and rightfully so.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: spidey07

I agree 100%.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
OP edited to take out the stimulus reference because this really isn't what it's about.

This is something that we should pay attention to as it unfolds - ACORN and their Home Defender program.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Fox News (Yes I read it. I do so to counterbalance the fact that I read CNN as well.) is reporting that the "This is OUR house now" ACORN person has been arrested and that some law enforcement agencies are committed to arresting anyone who trespasses in foreclosed properties.

Take it for what you will.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: sactoking
Fox News (Yes I read it. I do so to counterbalance the fact that I read CNN as well.) is reporting that the "This is OUR house now" ACORN person has been arrested and that some law enforcement agencies are committed to arresting anyone who trespasses in foreclosed properties.

Take it for what you will.

:thumbsup: