ack! IE giving me blue screen of death

Dec 4, 2002
IE is really f'ing up for me today. I can't have more than 1 window open at the same time or it will error & make me close. MSN.com will make it error right away; "Microsoft Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Anyone else having the same types of problems? Access to msn.com normal to everyone? ...for those with IE. ;)

...unfortunetly Im betting it's just me. :(

Dec 4, 2002
Originally posted by: conjur
Reformat/reinstall
System Restore
New PC

Those are your options ;)

New PC!!!

...really, I should get one. This pos PIII 733 dell is craping out like an emachines. Its been faithful since '98 though. ;)

Palek

Jun 20, 2001
There is an "Operating Systems" forum as well as a "Software" forum. Why does everyone keep posting on-topic stuff in off-topic??? :confused: A post like this will get buried under a ton of useless crap in no time here, whereas if you post it in OSes or Software, there is a very good chance the thread will stay at the top long enough for someone knowledgeable to notice. Just a thought.

As for the topic itself, just a question. Are you still running Win98 or WinME? If so, it's about time you moved on to the greener pastures of WinNT.

Tetsuo

Lifer
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by: Palek
There is an "Operating Systems" forum as well as a "Software" forum. Why does everyone keep posting on-topic stuff in off-topic??? :confused: A post like this will get buried under a ton of useless crap in no time here, whereas if you post it in OSes or Software, there is a very good chance the thread will stay at the top long enough for someone knowledgeable to notice. Just a thought.

As for the topic itself, just a question. Are you still running Win98 or WinME? If so, it's about time you moved on to the greener pastures of WinNT.

Cause you get faster responses :p

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
You should follow the Groucho Marx school of PC use:

"Doctor, it hurts when I do this."
"Then don't do it."

In other words, if IE gives you a bluescreen, why use it? Use a real browser.

Dec 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Astaroth33

"Then don't do it."

See, that might be good timing if you'd seen multiple threads by me complaining about IE...but today has been the first time IE has given me any real problems. ;):D

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: CheapArse

"Then don't do it."

See, that might be good timing if you'd seen multiple threads by me complaining about IE...but today has been the first time IE has given me any real problems. ;):D

And there's nothing wrong with IE unless you're an anti-corporate purist elitist.
rolleye.gif

Dec 4, 2002
Originally posted by: FFMCobalt

"Then don't do it."

And there's nothing wrong with IE unless you're an anti-corporate purist elitist.
rolleye.gif

Right... ????

MrScott81

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: thomsbrain
Originally posted by: scottdog81
Sorry but the P3 733 didn't come out until late 99 or 2000

haha, what an uber-geek
Naw it's just I bought my last computer in 98 and I definitely know that the 733 wasn't available :)

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001

"Then don't do it."

rolleye.gif

Right... ????

Wrong. I could care less about "corporate elitism" or whatever. I just dislike IE because it lacks tabbed browsing and popup control, and has all these wacky Active-X and buffer overflow exploits and whatnot. Also, while it's not an issue for most people, Mozilla has these wonderful tools available through mozdev like Prefbar and Livehttpheaders that allow you to do interesting stuff like view http headers in realtime and kill flash and spoof User-Agent headers and whatnot.

Dec 4, 2002

"Then don't do it."

rolleye.gif

Right... ????

Wrong. I could care less about "corporate elitism" or whatever. I just dislike IE because it lacks tabbed browsing and popup control, and has all these wacky Active-X and buffer overflow exploits and whatnot. Also, while it's not an issue for most people, Mozilla has these wonderful tools available through mozdev like Prefbar and Livehttpheaders that allow you to do interesting stuff like view http headers in realtime and kill flash and spoof User-Agent headers and whatnot.

lol, my "right" was more like a "right...whatever...I have no clue wtf you're talking about." I wasn't argeeing...mainly b/c I don't know what he is talking about. ;):p

Palek

Jun 20, 2001
Cheaparse, you still haven't mentioned what OS you're running on that old thing. ;)

I don't use IE either for the exact reasons Astaroth mentioned. Browsing with Opera is pure bliss. When I have to go back to IE (on someone else's computer for example), my initial reaction is, "Wow, I had no idea the internet had all these popups".