Acid? Post your experiences, and knowledge about it

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PieIsAwesome

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2007
I was inhaled some fumes from high-molar HCL. The experience was unpleasant. My knowledge is that the experience was bad.

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Xavier434
I used to know a guy who did pretty much every drug you could ever think of and more. He did more stuff than anyone I ever met in college for that matter. He once told me that Acid is the one thing which he absolutely refused to ever come in possession of anymore because he found it to be the one drug which was irresistibly addictive for him.

So, in light of that knowledge, I suggest staying away amongst the many other reasons. Not sure why exactly acid was like that for this guy considering the possibilities with all of his other vast experiences with drugs but it is what it is.

I knew a guy who tried crack. His description of that experience is much much much much much much much much worste.

tomfoolery08

Feb 8, 2009
One summer while following the Grateful Dead on tour, I set the goal of eating a book of LSD. 100 hits on a sheet, 10 sheets in a book...what was I talking about?

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
I did some acid while I was in the service. We were in the desert at Joshua tree national park. I broke my leg in 6 places, my hip, and my pelvis while attempting to jump from boulder to boulder. Some of the boulders were over a 100' tall.

I never tried it again.

SpiderX

Golden Member
Jan 16, 2002
I've done acid a few times myself. Only had one bad trip, it started with my GF at the time, her face started to melt. Pretty crazy.

Best time though I started out reading a Harry Potter book. As the acid took effect, a dragon leapt off the pages of the book and hovered in front of me while I was reading. Visual hallucinations ftw!

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: tomfoolery08
One summer while following the Grateful Dead on tour, I set the goal of eating a book of LSD. 100 hits on a sheet, 10 sheets in a book...what was I talking about?

You were Banned for writing a 5000 word Post about how Acid fried your Brain.

hendrixbriggs

Banned
Jul 6, 2010
You only say this because you're experienced. I don't need sitters for low-dosage trips, but for real trips I still request a sitter. You just never really know when you've pushed the boundary too far until you're way past it.

I do acid about once a week. Ive never had a bad trip. The worst thing that has happened to me was, I was laying on my couch while I was on 3 hits listening to owl city. Necrophagist is next on my playlist. When owl city was over necrophagist came on. When I heard there heavy, low screaming I saw 3 dungeon keepers with axes standing in my door way. It was scary as shit but I changed the song and they disappeared. I only see intense colors and textures and stuff like that when im on acid. I hate it when people say they have things talk to them. Unless theyve done like 9 hits, thats not going to happen to them.

hendrixbriggs

Banned
Jul 6, 2010
we were at the concert for only like 2 hours, i wasnt goneeee yet... went home, and went inside but were outside all the time even though it was cold, if it was warm, i dont think we would have been inside at all, but honestly, the best trip is the one inside your head, close your eyes, turn on music, and BOOM

yes siree. I definetly agree with this. The best hallucinations are when you close your eyes and listen to really peacefull music.

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
Hehe, what a odd thread to search for/necro on a tech forum.

wwybywb?

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
It is like nothing else you will ever experience in your life. Nothing even comes close.

Is it an experience? It's called a trip for a reason. Your mind goes somewhere else and your perception of everything is completely fubarred, senses blur and intermingle. And hoboy the hallucinations, not talking about "oh that color looks pretty" - I'm talking about full blown you see shit that doesn't exist but yet it looks real.

i watched a friend have a conversation someone who wasn't there for 3 hours one day. he said he was talking to Abraham Lincoln

Status
Not open for further replies.