Acer Aspire V3-771G-53214G75Makk second ram slot problem

manolaren

Nov 4, 2015
Hi.
I own the Aspire V3-771G-53214G75Makk, Model no. VA70 which has 4gb memory installed.
I bought a G.Skill 2x4gb kit to replace the old one and upgrade my system to 8gb total ram.
As you can see in the picture I already replaced the old memory and placed the new one. But when I try to install the second DIMM, the empty slot isn't like the first one and I can't place the DIMM into it. More specifically the slot doesn't lift up when you press the two little side levels. It also looks different as it doesn't have the two small grooves the first one has.
So, is this how its meant to be or not? What exactly is the second slot and why is different than the other one? Does this mean the laptop takes only one ram DIMM and if yes how much is the maximum ram DIMM it allows? Any thoughts on this?
Thank you.

DGPF315.jpg

damian101

Aug 11, 2020
Looks normal to me. You have to install the RAM face down in the second slot, apart from that I don't see any differences.

manolaren

Nov 4, 2015
In the first socket i put the sodimm and pressed it down. It felt like pushing a spring and after that the two smal levers clicked and locked the sodimm. On the other socket it doesnt feel like you push down a spring and levers doesnt click ot lock.

damian101

Aug 11, 2020
I'd try it again. Maybe you didn't move the RAM module far enough into the socket before pressing down?

Reactions: manolaren