According to twitter, LulzSec has just hacked CCP/EVE Online

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Eve server went down like hour and a half maybe 2 hours ago and then the website a bit afterwards. CCP said on their facebook "EVE Online and related services experienced an Internet attack. We have taken them down as a security precaution until further notice."

I dunno why anyone would attack them. CCP has been nothing but great to their customers and community.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Apparently, they are only taking down people affiliated with Sony, so I think Blizzard and Activison are safe for now. I doubt they could take down Blizzard's servers though, unless they released a patch because even Blizzard can't stop that from happening. >.<

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
How is League of Legends tied to Sony? It's a PC only game, unless I've missed some news that they're bringing it to the PS3/PSN.

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Also reportedly [from their Twitter posts] took down escapist magazine and minecraft too...

escapist magazine is down but minecraft appears to be up...

Who knows why other than maybe bored and need something to do?

trungma

Jul 1, 2001
These guys are tards. They should do something useful and go after pedophile sites or something along that nature.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
All these Hacks/DDos/whateva attacks make no sense. Maybe they started out with a purpose, but now it seems like they got addicted to the excitement and are now just Hacking everything they can think of.

These mofos need to stop or be stopped.

Probably Norton trying to justify their recent Ad campaign.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
All these Hacks/DDos/whateva attacks make no sense. Maybe they started out with a purpose, but now it seems like they got addicted to the excitement and are now just Hacking everything they can think of.

These mofos need to stop or be stopped.

Probably Norton trying to justify their recent Ad campaign.

Yes, their purpose is to hack everything to make themselves feel better. Just like terrorism, they don't care who it affects, as long as it fits their agenda.

PhatoseAlpha

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2005
Their name is "Lulzsec", as in "We do it for the lulz." Did you really expect a moral crusade?