Accord vs. Camry

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
I have not driven the Camry, but a good friend just drove the new one, and he was realyl disappointed. he said it was really sluggish. I drive my GF's 2006 Accord 4 cylidar all the time, and it is a sweet ride. teh car is as stiff as any car I have ever been in, and the ride is fairly quiet, and it is very peppy with good power even at low RPMs.

michaels

Banned
Nov 30, 2005
Both are great cars and you can't go wrong with either. They both serve the purpose well, affordable and reliable transportation. People looking for a sportscar or performance should look elsewhere.

pclstyle

Platinum Member
Apr 14, 2004
Originally posted by: glen
I have not driven the Camry, but a good friend just drove the new one, and he was realyl disappointed. he said it was really sluggish. I drive my GF's 2006 Accord 4 cylidar all the time, and it is a sweet ride. teh car is as stiff as any car I have ever been in, and the ride is fairly quiet, and it is very peppy with good power even at low RPMs.

:cookie:

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
Point of the thread:
DO you think the camry is as much fun to drive as the accord?

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
Point of the thread:

Camry is, has always been, and will always be soulless... if you're looking for something to get you from point A to B with a nice classy look, and the least possible depreciation... camry is your car.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Doboji
Point of the thread:

Camry is, has always been, and will always be soulless

QFT

Edit - The only way to get a manual is to get the even uglier Camry SE ... I4. A stick-shift isn't even an option in the V6. (At least not in Canada.) Lameness++

- M4H

Shimmishim

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2001
my dad test drove a 2007 camry and 2006 accord.

he ended up getting the 2006 accord.

they both drive about the same but he was able to get a sweeter deal on a EX-L.

hence why i ended up also with a 2006 accord but EX.

also, a lot of dealerships won't haggle on the price of the LE 4-cylinders since they are in such high demand. they wanted to charge us a +$1000 market adjustment above the sticker price!!!

We found an LE for $23.2K before TTL and around $26.1K after TTL. My dad was able to haggle down to $24.5K.

We found an EX for $23.5K before TTL. My dad got the price down to $22.9K AFTER TTL and we drove it out that day.

Just be warned that dealerships most of the times are not willing to haggle too much on the camry's price.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
The accord is just too good a car to overlook. They prove themselves worthy each and every year, and getting one 6 years ago (coupe) has been one of the best investments I've ever made. Definitely get the EX tho, its a little more money but that little bit goes a long way imo.

MasterAndCommander

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2004
They are both bland, reliable, A to B cars, so I wouldn't consider either one as fun.
My friends 5-spd Civic is more fun compared to my automatic Camry

mitaiwan82

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2000
I would say the Accord is more sporty than the Camry...whenever I drove my friend's Camry, I felt that the suspension was tuned more for comfort. I really don't think either one of these cars are "fun" though. (Speaking from 7 years with a '99 v6 Accord and 1 awesome year with a NA miata :D )

Originally posted by: jjsole
The accord is just too good a car to overlook. They prove themselves worthy each and every year, and getting one 6 years ago (coupe) has been one of the best investments I've ever made. Definitely get the EX tho, its a little more money but that little bit goes a long way imo.

ya I would say that's true, if the automatic transmission was better with the V6...it's one reason I want to sell mine

Jan 31, 2002
What is a matter with the automatic transmission?

There were some quality issues with the 2003+ 5ATs, IIRC. I don't know if it's been fixed in the 2006 model, because I avoid automatic wherever possible. :p

If you get a V6, just get a manual and you'll be much happier. :D

- M4H