AC: Unity - GTX 680 or above minimum, 780 recommended+

escrow4

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2013
Indeed:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=917377

- OS: Windows® 7 SP1, Windows® 8/8.1 (Only 64-bit supports)

- CPU:
Minimum - Intel Core® i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or above
Recommended - Intel Core® i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or above

(those CPU requirements are the same as Mordor)

- RAM:
Minimum - 6GB or above
Recommended - 8GB or above

- GPU:
Minimum - NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 or above
Graphic Memory minimum - 2GB

Recommended - NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 780 or AMD Radeon R9 290X or above Graphic Memory Recommended - 3 GB

- Sound Card: DX9.0c-compatible

- HDD above 50 GB

- Multiplayer: 256 kbps Upload bandwidth or Higher

:thumbsup:

Note: These are leaked, not "official" but its Ubisoft, so . . . .

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
Besides the usual console port rubbish nomatter of the company. Then the upload requirement is what strikes me the most. Thats 64KBytes/sec upload.

tygeezy

Aug 28, 2012
I guess my i7 860 and GeForce 480 just doesn't quite cut the mustard anymore.

Pottuvoi

Apr 16, 2012
Besides the usual console port rubbish nomatter of the company. Then the upload requirement is what strikes me the most. Thats 64KBytes/sec upload.
0.5Mbit that's quite high demand.
I wonder if any other game requires anywhere near that high upload.

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
Sorry 32Kbytes/sec upload. It was early >.<

But compared to MMOs etc and other games that takes 1-4KB/sec its quite a steep increase.

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
As far out as these specs may be, they could be somewhat true. The CPU requirements are about right where I would expect for an open world game of this magnitude with this many A.I entities. The RAM requirements match Watch Dogs, which was vastly overinflated. Watch Dogs doesn't use any more than 2.5GB of RAM from my experience, so I think the game might be playable with 4GB of memory as long as you don't have much stuff running in the background.

HDD/SSD capacity also match the unofficial claims from a Ubisoft dev when he said that since AC Unity uses a crap load of high quality baked global illumination, the game install was going to take up the entire Blu-ray disc and the lighting data alone constitutes half the total install.

The biggest surprise so far of course, are the GPU requirements, which seem excessive to put it mildly. But then again, this is the FIRST true current gen AAA title, as it doesn't support last gen and the game reputedly has some stunning detail and draw distances, plus it uses a lot of tessellation and has PCSS, or Nvidia's version of contact hardening soft shadows.

Also if the specs reflect gameplay at 60 FPS which is where most PC gamers want to be, then they may be warranted..

davie jambo

Feb 13, 2014
Not buying on release this time but I will buy it eventually

I wish AMD would cut the price on R9 290x , soon as they do that I am going to push the trigger on one to replace my R9 280x

Specs looks quite high , I can see a lot of angry PC gamers over this. 3770k and R9 290x is near enough the highest

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
Specs looks quite high , I can see a lot of angry PC gamers over this. 3770k and R9 290x is near enough the highest

Why, because they can't max it out on their GTX 580s and 6970s? :rolleyes:

PC gamers have gotten so used to Xbox 360 and PS3 ports over the years that were so easy to max out with even mid range hardware, that many of them falsely believe that trend was going to continue with the current gen consoles..

As crappy as the PS4 and Xbox One are to a game bred PC, they've certainly set the bar much, much higher than last gen. AC Unity looks like it will be a groundbreaking game as far as technology goes, and the PC should offer the best gaming experience by far......unless Ubisoft pulls another Watch Dogs on us..

After the Watch Dogs fiasco, I trust Ubisoft Kiev to deliver a better PC port than Ubisoft Montreal as they have more experience with the PC platform. AC IV PC was a far superior port compared to Watch Dogs, and AC IV was done by Ubisoft Kiev, whilst Watch Dogs PC was done by Ubisoft Montreal.

davie jambo

Feb 13, 2014

PC gamers have gotten so used to Xbox 360 and PS3 ports over the years that were so easy to max out with even mid range hardware, that many of them falsely believe that trend was going to continue with the current gen consoles..

As crappy as the PS4 and Xbox One are to a game bred PC, they've certainly set the bar much, much higher than last gen. AC Unity looks like it will be a groundbreaking game as far as technology goes, and the PC should offer the best gaming experience by far......unless Ubisoft pulls another Watch Dogs on us..

After the Watch Dogs fiasco, I trust Ubisoft Kiev to deliver a better PC port than Ubisoft Montreal as they have more experience with the PC platform. AC IV PC was a far superior port compared to Watch Dogs, and AC IV was done by Ubisoft Kiev, whilst Watch Dogs PC was done by Ubisoft Montreal.

Yeah they will moan about it , I kind of hope they do lock it at 30fps just to see the reaction :D

Black Flag was indeed awesome and ran great on my PC

sxr7171

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2002
Black flag was great. Performance issues were fixed eventually about 4-6 months after release. Things like frame drops below for just moving. Now the game runs really smooth.

Logically I should wait 6 months again but I can't resist this game.

Also will this look better than Ryse Son of Rome? Ubisoft seems to be great at hyping games with graphics that are not actually realized in practice.

Eric1987

Mar 22, 2012
I actually thought the assassins creed series was done very well on PC. I never had a problem with any of them. All ran great and maxed out on my hardware without a hiccup. You guys are trippin.

Spjut

Apr 9, 2011
It's amazing they even bother releasing a PC version when they put these requirements on the box

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
I think someone at Ubisoft is taking everyone on here for a ride, but the AC site appears to show current generation consoles and pc only for release which is a tale in itself.

Could this game honestly be next generation?I haven't followed many games that are current generation console only and pc but hopefully this title is true next generation.

Last edited:

netxzero64

May 16, 2009
TXAA made me smile on blackflag. thumbs up on the diversity and made me focus more on the ship rather on the character.

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
AC games are notorious for high single-threaded requirements. Not surprised to see the FX-8350 as min, and even then it won't keep up unless Ubisoft has really upped their multi-threading optimization.

I'm skeptical on the GPU requirements. I could see it from a GDDR perspective, similar to SoM. Then again, if "Recommended" means 60fps @ 1080p on medium settings, a single 7970 makes sense to me.

Also, due to extremely poor optimization in the past, I'd guess Ubi has thrown in some extra headspace just as insurance, so that poor optimization can be beaten through brute gpu/cpu strength.

davie jambo

Feb 13, 2014
AC games are notorious for high single-threaded requirements. Not surprised to see the FX-8350 as min, and even then it won't keep up unless Ubisoft has really upped their multi-threading optimization.

I'm skeptical on the GPU requirements. I could see it from a GDDR perspective, similar to SoM. Then again, if "Recommended" means 60fps @ 1080p on medium settings, a single 7970 makes sense to me.

Also, due to extremely poor optimization in the past, I'd guess Ubi has thrown in some extra headspace just as insurance, so that poor optimization can be beaten through brute gpu/cpu strength.

Just AC3 tbf , which was a mess on all CPU's

Black Flag ran sweet on everything on release

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013

I can understand having troubles porting the game and reducing CPU requirements during the port, but they really should be able to scale the game for lower end hardware on the GPU side.

The biggest shock, if this were true, is they are basically abandoning a ton of PC sales.

FX2000

Jul 23, 2014
Lol, so my FX6350 & R9 270X won't be able to play a unpolished game? What a shame ubisoft, even if I was interested, I would not buy your game!

davie jambo

Feb 13, 2014
Lol, so my FX6350 & R9 270X won't be able to play a unpolished game? What a shame ubisoft, even if I was interested, I would not buy your game!

ubisoft want you to buy it on console as that is where the money is , that's probably the reason for the inflated specs

I think it will run OK on your PC though

netxzero64

May 16, 2009
completed retarded. not to mention that they are planning to lock almost every game at 30fps.

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
Just AC3 tbf , which was a mess on all CPU's

Black Flag ran sweet on everything on release

I had issues with AC4 on a 8350, months after release. 2x7970. Upgraded cpu to a 4790k and ran smooth from then on. Just my experience. Others may vary, I suppose.

netxzero64

May 16, 2009
I had issues with AC4 on a 8350, months after release. 2x7970. Upgraded cpu to a 4790k and ran smooth from then on. Just my experience. Others may vary, I suppose.
weak core for core performance that is why it improved when you switched to DC

Freddy1765

May 3, 2011
completed retarded. not to mention that they are planning to lock almost every game at 30fps.

Haha, not quite. That only goes for the console versions, so calm down.
I hope the game does require powerful hardware while also utilising it properly, that's really the point of PC gaming.

It's fine if people can't afford/don't prioritise upgrading their components, but expecting meanwhile that their outdated midrange GPU will continue to run games on highest settings, especially after a new generation of consoles, well, that's just being unrealistic.

crab0

Jun 7, 2012
I take "minimum" specs with a truckload of salt, having run Company of Heroes 2 on HD 3000 laptop graphics I'm sure my 750 ti can run this ;) (yes it may look bad and be low FPS but eh, I'm pretty tolerant).