ABSOLUTE cheapest insurance?

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
After finally making somewhat of a desision on what kind of car I would like to get, I have narrowed down the selections to this - I will be geting a Toyota @ cost, but i need to figure out what the hell I am going to do about insurance. See my other YACT for details :p

- 03 Corolla
- 03 Matrix
- 01 Celica

I have been trying to find rates for insurance for the past couple of hours on geico.com and progressive.... Everytime I would change something, the rate would go up and down... did i just completly F*CK my credit by comparsion shopping.. I am 19 years old with no credit, good or bad that I know of... the reason why I am asking is that I was quoted like 2400 for 6 months even on the Corolla :/ When I keep getting new quotes am I only making things worse? Since I am only 19, would it be best to be put onto my parents.. because I know I am paying a lot as it is right now on my 91 Jetta. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks

-Bubbadu

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Geico was cheapest for me on my current car, and my previous cars. Just for comparison: Progressive/All State/etc. were wanting about $325-$350/mo, and Geico was about $209. I have an almost perfect record (I got in a very small accident after I got my insurance rate, so I had a perfect record when I was quoted), and I just turned 23.

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Ok good advice... I will have to call Geico and see what they say... I am 19 next week, have had my lincese for a year and a half, no accidents or speeding tickets yet. I just can't see paying 200 bucks a month for a car that is going to cost me like 180 a month :/ According to my dad, the celica is out of question because of the insurance, but if I can find a similar rate to the corolla, I could get that and have a similar payment.

-Bubbadu

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
WTF is up with Progressive... I priced out a 03 Corolla and they want 2950 for 6 freaking month's... i did the "compare" feature and State Farm supposedly is only 1190. Thats almost a 2000 dollar difference! I went online to state-farm and there online rate quote is down right now :( For the 01 Celica, progressive was 3050, and state farm was like 1300. I just can't believe its going to be almost 200 bucks a month just for insurance, on a 4-Door Corolla :( If that is the case, I just want the damn Celica.

-Bubbadu

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Call a local agent that deals in many companies. They plug in your info and find the best pkace for ya.

I pay around $190 every 6 months. And Geico and Prog. wanted like $500 or so.

I am 27 and have no points. Forgot to add I am in NC and we have a insurance person? that is elected and controls what insurance comanies can charge. The only bad thing is I don't think insurance companies can give quotes over the net for some reason if you live in NC?

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
Call a local agent that deals in many companies. They plug in your info and find the best pkace for ya.

I pay around $190 every 6 months. And Geico and Prog. wanted like $500 or so.

I am 27 and have no points.

:Q