About the WRX

Kewlb

Jul 9, 2001
got this quote off the clubrsx forums about someone who drove the WRX.

"The only problem is I can?t get past the looks. It is like an ugly girl with a great personality. You want to date her but you just can?t."

I can not help but laugh every time I hear this.

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
rofl... I don't think the looks are that bad... its grown on me

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
funny :)

IMO, looks are nothing compared to the speed, if it's fast, then it looks good to me :)

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
hehe, actually i like the car. It looks lot better in real life - i was surprised how neat it is when i saw it.

dcdomain

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
Bah, still can't stand the looks, even though the performance to price ratio is so good. Hopefully changes will be made for the STi when it arrives. Lan Evo where are you???

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001

<< funny :)

IMO, looks are nothing compared to the speed, if it's fast, then it looks good to me :)
>>

so true. I would love to drive a GNX, but i'll settle for a WRX! RSX, on the other hand, too slow.

Doggiedog

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Bah, just put a bag over the car. I'd rather have a car that puts out when I want it to but isn't the greatest looking vs a car that looks good but doesn't put out.

BTW, did I say car?

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001

<< Bah, still can't stand the looks, even though the performance to price ratio is so good. Hopefully changes will be made for the STi when it arrives. Lan Evo where are you??? >>

the Lancers look like camries with 3 ft wings.

yos

Dec 3, 2000
Am I the only one who really likes the looks? I think it's such a sweet car... I can't wait to get mine... I went shopping for one already... too bad I still have 2 years on my lease! oh well.. hopefully the STI will be available then and will be a good deal!

-Yos

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000

<< funny :)

>>

I agree, the most important thing to me is the Chassis and Drivetrain, I actually had a dealership put a Silverado on a lift in the service center so I could see the undercarrage :)

yep people complain about the GM interior, but the seats are the bomb in em, all that has to change is the dash really, that's a sup $1000 job to have a custom interior put in, it's over $4000 to put a real good motor in a slow car :cool:

beat mania

Platinum Member
Jan 23, 2000
Good thing people don't like the look of the WRX. Otherwise there'll be WRX'es all over the place like those Integras or Camries.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999

<< yep people complain about the GM interior >>

Heh, my only requirements for the interior are:
no blatently cheap plastic, comfortable seats, and preferrably gray/black, other than that, I'm not at all picky about interiors :D

fastz28

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2001

<< IMO, looks are nothing compared to the speed, if it's fast, then it looks good to me >>

Funny, one could say the same about a particular domestic equivalent and get flamed to death.

I wonder what kind of reaction the WRX would get here if it had a GM badge....

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000

<< Funny, one could say the same about a particular domestic equivalent and get flamed to death.

I wonder what kind of reaction the WRX would get here if it had a GM badge....
>>

Well we keep it a secret to the people who think they know much about cars, but Subaru SUCKED before they became a GM Member ;) Ever since they now rock, Volvo was the same way BOXvo's until Ford OWNED (litterally) and slapped em around, now they have some much better looking and running cars :D

rootaxs

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2000
Yos, aacccttuuuaalllyyy.... you can go to the Subaru dealer and ask if they have that option where they pay-off your lease (lease trade-in?) and you get to drive a new WRX ;)

I did it with my current car. I had a civic on a 4 year lease, had 2 1/2 more to go but i traded it in (paid an additional sub-$1000 tho) but it was hassle-free and i finally got the car i want (no longer a lease). :D

<< Am I the only one who really likes the looks? I think it's such a sweet car... I can't wait to get mine... I went shopping for one already... too bad I still have 2 years on my lease! oh well.. hopefully the STI will be available then and will be a good deal! >>

Jejunum

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2000
i think the wrx is damn sexy

someone give me the money to buy one now please!

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
It looks like my dad's old 1988 Camry on crack.... i'll pass

SphincterLord

Aug 15, 2001

<< the Lancers look like camries with 3 ft wings >>

HAHAHHAHA

WRX kicks ass... I'd buy one in a second if I had the money... oh well...

SL

yos

Dec 3, 2000
Rootaxs,

Where are you from? That is a great idea... I have to check that option out cause my Cougar is only a year and a few months old!
Thanks!

-Yos