About Keystone XL

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
You are the only person that is predicting $20 a gallon gas Dave but I truly hope it happens. If you don't like it you can move.

Edit: And just an FYI, they are either going to send it to Houston instead or they are going to send it to Canada's east cost instead. So either way, get ready for $20 a gallon gas because Canada is going to cut Chicago off. Maybe yall shouldn't have pissed them off.

http://www.infrastructurist.com/200...-like-in-the-us-when-gas-costs-20-per-gallon/

What Will Life Be Like In the US When Gas Costs $20 Per Gallon?

Christopher Steiner, a staff writer at Forbes whose first book is about how high oil prices are coming and they’re going to cause an economic meltdown, but that’s a good news, because it’ll makes us stop being a nation of fat greedy dipshits.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
http://www.infrastructurist.com/200...-like-in-the-us-when-gas-costs-20-per-gallon/

What Will Life Be Like In the US When Gas Costs $20 Per Gallon?

Christopher Steiner, a staff writer at Forbes whose first book is about how high oil prices are coming and they’re going to cause an economic meltdown, but that’s a good news, because it’ll makes us stop being a nation of fat greedy dipshits.

I am comforted by the fact that not only will I survive but that you won't be able to afford internet access to rape my eyes with your bullshit.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Well, if it pollutes private property and is shielded from having to pay for damages then yes I am. To be fair, I'd have to hear what Dr. Paul has to say about it. I suppose I could and should google about it.

Dr who????

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Try and keep up.

I moved so close to work I can ride my bike.

Try and read your own links. You likely won't have a job at $20/gallon gas and even if you do I doubt you will be able to afford inet access or even a smartphone.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
You quoted LegendKiller's response to my Anarchist comment, so your Darwin intent still leaves your comprehension in question.

LMAO!! I am a Republican shill now, being paid by the RNC no less! In another thread just a day ago I was a librul commie.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
About Keystone XL

I heard that Transcanada was going to invade the lands of indigenous (sic) peoples.

Is that true?

If so, then this is just another example of fascism. If not, then I was terribly misinformed.

I really don't favor it though, because I don't see how it couldn't violate private property rights. I heard that it would pollute a lot which means it will pollute private property. If it weren't advocated for by Congress, then I'd be okay with it, but the fact that Congress is advocating for it makes me worried that they won't have to pay private property owners damages if they pollute private property.

This is just getting started:

1-2-2012

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-congress-begin-2012-oil-pipeline-dispute-140854646.html

Obama, Congress begin 2012 in oil pipeline dispute

Russ Girling, TransCanada's president and chief executive, said his company would do whatever is necessary to make sure the project is approved.

Unions are watching closely. Unemployment in construction is far higher than other industries, with more than 1.1 million construction workers jobless, said Brent Bookers, director of construction at the Laborers' International Union of North America.

"For many members of the Laborers, this project is not just a pipeline, it is a lifeline," Bookers said, adding, "Too many hard-working Americans are out of work, and the Keystone XL pipeline will change that dire situation for thousands of them."

Roger Toussaint, international vice president of the Transport Workers Union, opposes the pipeline.

"The dangers of the pipeline are compelling, and no one should believe the claims of either the Republican leadership or the energy companies, with respect to the project being shovel ready or with respect to the number of jobs it's going to produce," he said.