About buying Old 2G iPhone 16GB from England! (Condition: New)

jaykishankrk

Dec 11, 2006
Hello to all,

I have been trying to get my hands on Apple iphone since many months now.. and finally along came the chance to grab one.. my friend is in US, Santa Clara at present and he will be coming back to india in july.. i did ask him to pick an old 2G iphone from apple store while coming back but as the things turned out apple has stopped selling OLD 2G iPhone in order to make way for new ones.. and i am basically not interested in getting new one either (stated to be released in the month Sep or Oct in india...), I am not interested in their Subsidiary Plans with Either Vodafone or Airtel in india.. so this made me to look out for all possible channels to get Old iPhone in any manner possible.. i had been asked to deal for Old Used iPhone but i am not interested in buying an used iPhone. so i bumped into this site in internet and followed it up with him..

http://orangecounty.kijiji.com/c-ViewAd?AdId=56109630

Apparently, he resides in UK and exports all kinds of gadgets world wide.. and he claims .. he will take care of customs too.. he says he will ship the product as a gift so that it can bypass the customs unattended.. I don't exactly know how it works in customs department in India.. so i really cant say whether it will be caught in customs or not..

Customs is not the thing that i am worried at the moment.. I am really worried of AUHENTICITY of this SELLER in UK.. can u people help me out on this.. can i TRUST him??

anybody from UK has any kind of experience with this guy??

the thing that follows is the mail transcript between him and myself...

Please read Bottom UP!!

=========================================================

Ken Dickson to me

Hello
the APPLE IPHONE 16GB $300
Shipping $21

Total.... $300 usd

you are not to pay any tax for the shipping of iphone,

we package will be send as a gife packages,

do get back to us with your full name and shipping address,s
so we can proceed with your order,

Thanks

Hi Ken,

Thanks again for the info.

I want one iPhone.

will there be any Customs Tax for iPhone shipping.

Thanks,
Prasad

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Ken Dickson <super.warehouse@yahoo.no> wrote:

Hello
we don't have brach ub california,

we are located in ENGLAND,

we don't accept COD,

the shipping cost for $21 each,

let us have the units you are ordering,

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the information,

please answer the below few questions.

1) Do you hold any brach in California United States?
2) if yes, then is it possible to pick the item up from your retail store?
3)if no, then is there any option like COD(cash on delivery in US)?
4) whats the shipping cost?

Thanks,
btp

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Ken Dickson <super.warehouse@yahoo.no> wrote:

Hello
yes we ship worldwide,

do get back to us with the units you are ordering
alongside with the delivery address,

your payment information will be received by : western Union,

Thanks

Hi,

Is there any outlets in california US, is it possible to ship to india.

Thanks

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 10:28 AM, Ken Dickson <super.warehouse@yahoo.no> wrote:

Hello
Thanks for Enquiry.
We have the APPLE IPHONE available.... they are all Brand new original authentic Unlocked APLLE IPHONE ?
APPLE IPHONE 16GB ....$300
APPLE IPHONE 8GB .....$250

with the delivery to your locatio

Warranty
All our Mobile phones comes with 1 year int'l warranty with 3 months return
policy.

Shipping
We ship out via FedEx /ups courier services to your shipping information.
Two days deliver

We are located in uk

Feel free to ask any question,
Thanks.

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
Originally posted by: jaykishankrk
Originally posted by: bigrash
If you have to ask...

Sorry I didnt get that... can u elaborate please and thanks for replying though!!

basically he means if you need to ask if it's a scam, it most likely is. Also, look at the chaps grammar and spelling and look how pushy he is.. See if he takes Paypal. I wouldn't dare do a WU transaction.

pm

Elite Member Mobile Devices
Jan 25, 2000
I wouldn't trust it. I would recommend you find another seller to do business with.

He's pushy, and I never trust anyone who will only take Western Union. I generally distrust any seller who pushes the idea of bypassing customs by declaring items as gifts as well.

Have your friend in Santa Clara buy one on Ebay for you.

And I would recommend you consider a used one - they are a lot easier to find. Apple stopped selling new iPhones... the supply is gone and demand is still high until July 11th. Used ones, on the other hand, are a lot easier to come by. Get a used one in good shape and then buy a new (clean) set of headphones from Apple, clean the screen and back with alcohol and you have an iPhone for a lot less than you'll pay for a new one.

jaykishankrk

Dec 11, 2006
Thanks for all the help guys..

I would not be going ahead with the deal... i was skeptical about the same at the very start.. I havent done any business with these sort of guys before.. It is because I was so into buying one.. i thought anything at this moment which can fetch me a deal on iphone( new in condition), i would go for it..

I like the idea suggested by our MOD.. but i would say, I will keep that as the last option.. I would still like to Own an iPhone in new condition rather than going for the used one..

If possible please suggest me alternatives in US where i can find an Old iPhone(Condition:New) in and around california(preferably in Santa Clara).

once again thanks for all the help...

pm

Elite Member Mobile Devices
Jan 25, 2000
I just did a search on "new iphone" for location "95050" (which is Santa Clara, over near the airport), and there's 21 matches... of which about 15 are legitimate new iPhones. I'd copy the Ebay link but there's no point since I think it's tied to my user ID. But just search over there, contact the seller and have your friend go pick it up.

If there's one good place in the world to try to get an iPhone, Silicon Valley is probably it.

jaykishankrk

Dec 11, 2006
Originally posted by: pm
I just did a search on "new iphone" for location "95050" (which is Santa Clara, over near the airport), and there's 21 matches... of which about 15 are legitimate new iPhones. I'd copy the Ebay link but there's no point since I think it's tied to my user ID. But just search over there, contact the seller and have your friend go pick it up.

If there's one good place in the world to try to get an iPhone, Silicon Valley is probably it.

Great news.. I am bit confused though.. did you search through Google or else you did the search on craiglists?? if at all if there is any existent in santa clara, I am for one can say I will surely go for it.. A bit more info on the search would lead me to one last step i think :)

EDIT: Oh my bad.. you did search on EBAY.. I will follow suit and let you know if i find any which is worth dealing for... thanks again..