Abbas nixes direct Israeli talks without Israeli concessions.

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NoWhereM

Oct 15, 2007
You ...have been claimimg Jews constitute a single race who have greater right to the land than the Palestinians who've been living there throughout history, which is absurdly racist.

I don't want to review all my posts, please point out the post in which I said that.

You've implied it with ridiculous arguments...

So I didn't make the claim you claimed I made.

Do you like my nuts? I gathered them all up and stored them for winter.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
OK, you've claimed Jews constitute a single race, and then went on to imply that they have greater right to the land than the Palestinians who've been living there throughout history with all sorts of ridiculous arguments, which is absurdly racist.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
As this thread somewhat degenerates over the issue of who qualifies to be a true Jew and who does not, its seems the Israeli Parliament is taking steps to define the issue in perhaps a very nonproductive and narrow way.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/16/opinion/16newhouse.html

And if the bill becomes law, at a stroke of a pen, Israel can reduce its Jewish population from some 5.5 million all the way down to a few hundred thousand.
And unlike animal farm where all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others, only the most orthodox of Jews can possibly qualify.

Proving once again, human nature, people all over the world always figure out new ways to have their own silly seasons.

Kevin Brook

Jul 16, 2010
Shlomo Sand is also disproven by one of his own key sources on the Khazars: me.

Sand is only right about the historical importance of conversions to Judaism to a certain extent, and was completely off-base to lamely try to discredit the genetic studies.

Sand cites the first edition of my book "The Jews of Khazaria", which was written before the comprehensive genetic tests using current techniques were released in 2000-2010.

But unlike Sand I have no political agenda so I welcome new knowledge. Already in 2003 I wrote "The Origins of East European Jews" in the academic journal Russian History/Histoire Russe volume 30 numbers 1-2 (Spring-Summer 2003): pages 1-22. This article incorporates some genetic data as an update to the last chapter in my book, showing that the Khazar element is less than some of us thought it could be before. Sand didn't cite this article, only my book. He also didn't cite the second edition of my book, which was already published in September 2006, before his book was published in any language.

Sand's fellow Tel Aviv University professor, Paul Wexler, also glibly ignored the genetic studies when he revised a paper that was published in the book "The World of the Khazars" in 2007. Wexler briefly mused that maybe genetic studies would reveal something about Jewish ancestry, but failed to talk about or cite even one, even though he found the time to add a few bibliographic items that had been published in the early 2000s, after the conference where he originally presented the paper.

Sand and Wexler grabbed big media headlines, but are not reliable, unbiased sources.

For further reading on this subject:
http://www.khazaria.com/genetics/abstracts.html
http://www.khazaria.com/brook.html
http://www.khazaria.com/khazar-diaspora.html
http://www.khazaria.com/westernjews.html

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
Kevin, welcome to the forum. Could you please quote whatever statements from Sand and Wexler you disagree with most, along with the best evidence you have to support your disagreement? As for political agendas, surely you are aware of how that can taint scientific research too? While I'm no geneticist, I've seen good reason to suggest that much of the DNA based arguments touted by Zionists aren't nearly as sound as they claim. One can find an overview of some of that here.

Last edited:

mrjminer

Platinum Member
Dec 2, 2005
Kevin, welcome to the forum. Could you please quote whatever statements from Sand and Wexler you disagree with most, along with the best evidence you have to support your disagreement? As for political agendas, surely you are aware of how that can taint scientific research too? While I'm no geneticist, I've seen good reason to suggest that much of the DNA based arguments touted by Zionists aren't nearly as sound as they claim. One can find an overview of some of that here.

Kevin, since you're new someone should tell you this: don't waste your time. Anything coming from kylebisme is going to be one-sided and he will simply spend all of his time ignoring facts/citing slanted sources to back ridiculous views/wasting your time with rhetoric/dismissing reality.

For example, telling you, "surely you are aware of how that [political agendas] can taint scientific research..." followed by his opinion wherein he backs it with scientific research. What he really meant to say was, "surely you are aware that political agendas can taint your scientific research, but not mine."

You should go spend your time writing another book because the only thing you're going to find in any Palestine/Israel thread on this forum is him wasting everyone's time, or Lemon Law, who usually wastes everyone's time, too, but isn't doing so as much in this thread. If not, I invite you to the Off Topic section of the forum, where you can read about cool stuff like how to remove nosehair with chewing gum because it would be a much better use of your time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
As long as everyone is giving advice to Keven Brook, all I can add is, Kevin, just think for yourself. Just don't think a few links will prove anything, complete proofs are reserved to hard sciences like math. Add the human factor and there will only be the preponderance of the evidence left.