Aaron Eckhart on method acting

mzkhadir

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2003
Ouch! Taking method acting too far
Aaron Eckhart is willing to suffer for his art.

The ?Thank You For Smoking? star is appearing in a film called ?Bill? with Jessica Alba, and he says he put clothespins on his private parts to help his acting.

?I had to pretend that my nuts hurt, so I put a clothespin on my nuts,? Eckhart told Men?s Journal. ?Otherwise, you?re just learning your lines and saying them. There?s no art in that. People say, ?Why do you want to put a clothespin on your nuts?? You know why? Because that?s what I do for a living.?

msnbc.com

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
You should see what he did to get in character for the movie In The Company of Men. That deaf woman's ears will never be the same.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
I'm glad to see him working more now...I also enjoyed Conversations With Other Women, but it's a somewhat similar role to Thank You For Smoking's. Can't wait for Harvey :D

mooglemania85

Diamond Member
May 3, 2007
why did he need the clothespins? wouldn't your balls already be aching if you had to spend that much time around alba?

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Qwest
also Harvey Dent / Two Face!

exactly!
and kinky testicle torture isnt really method acting...

wonder if he is planning to horribly burn a half of his body with acid and go insane for the third?

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Not a fan of method acting. I prefer the old-fashioned way and think this has much to do with my preference for British actors and actresses.

Anecdote: While making Marathon Man, Dustin Hoffman kept running to get into his character. Sir Laurence Olivier is said to have told him: "Why don't you try acting?":laugh:

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
The guy already bangs Katie Holmes in Thank You For Smoking. Now Jessica Alba? Totally worth the ball pinch.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: dennilfloss
Not a fan of method acting. I prefer the old-fashioned way and think this has much to do with my preference for British actors and actresses.

Anecdote: While making Marathon Man, Dustin Hoffman kept running to get into his character. Sir Laurence Olivier is said to have told him: "Why don't you try acting?":laugh:

One of my favorite quotes ever. I am an actor...like...that's what I do and I've personally never bought into method.