AAPL death watch

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PimpJuice

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2005
ROFL, IHateMyJob2004 is still pimping Blackberry after losing all that money on them. What an idiot.

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
Where can I get some of the Kool-Aid that he is drinking? It's gotta be some super strong stuff.

Yeah, you know there's of Kool-Aid being passed around when their supporters actually said it's a good thing that BBM ended it's relationship with T-Mobile. It's not like it makes a dent in their sales either way, but still it's not a good sign when they just took their ball away when they got disrespected.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I'd imagine that Apple will get a nice quarterly bump once the iPhone 6 comes out.

Other than that, Apple REALLY needs a new product line for further growth. Time to put another dent in the universe, guys.

Oct 20, 2005
I'd imagine that Apple will get a nice quarterly bump once the iPhone 6 comes out.

Other than that, Apple REALLY needs a new product line for further growth. Time to put another dent in the universe, guys.

I feel like I've heard that saying for a few years now and AAPL hasn't really gone below $500/share. Seems like they could survive with just their current products.

OVerLoRDI

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
I feel like I've heard that saying for a few years now and AAPL hasn't really gone below $500/share. Seems like they could survive with just their current products.

Basically everyone those who don't know anything about technology still adhere to Apple as the gold standard. In San Francisco, I see a lot more tech related people running around with Samsungs these days.

EPCrew

Jun 2, 2000

AAPL spent a majority of 2013 under 500 and even dipped below 400 a couple of times.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I'm happy to be wrong! :)
meh, almost feels like Tim Cook is managing the share price now. Something Steve never gave a fuck about. Also interesting that Cook commented that iPad sales fell short of analyst estimates, since when do they care about outside projections??

The problem with buybacks is that while they're entirely supportable at $500-$520 per share, now we could be talking $570 - $600 (pre-split).

The 7-to-1 split also feels like the classic way of artificially driving up demand from retail investors.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2004
meh, almost feels like Tim Cook is managing the share price now. Something Steve never gave a fuck about. Also interesting that Cook commented that iPad sales fell short of analyst estimates, since when do they care about outside projections??

The problem with buybacks is that while they're entirely supportable at $500-$520 per share, now we could be talking $570 - $600 (pre-split).

The 7-to-1 split also feels like the classic way of artificially driving up demand from retail investors.

That's actually a good trait in a CEO. Take care of the company and the share price will take care of itself. If Cook is overly concerned about what Wall Street thinks, the company is in trouble.

Oct 20, 2005
At the rate it's going, AAPL will be at 100 soon.

After the split :p

It was up like $8 today, then after lunch, it's now down a couple bucks. I wonder if this is the beginning of a correction of sorts. Afterall, it's gone up pretty fast and high in a short time.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
Apple makes good phones and tablets no doubt but I think long-term they are a one trick pony. Their margins are going to get squeezed. It'll still be profitable if it can be popular but they have nowhere to invest all their cash booty into new products. Thats not good for them IMO.

My totally uninformed opinion.

Oct 20, 2005
Apple makes good phones and tablets no doubt but I think long-term they are a one trick pony. Their margins are going to get squeezed. It'll still be profitable if it can be popular but they have nowhere to invest all their cash booty into new products. Thats not good for them IMO.

iTV, iWatch, car systems, home security/control systems. They are venturing out into other areas.

And they've been a "one trick pony" for many years now yet they are always turning in a ridiculous profit/net income, what makes you think their margins are going to go down?

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001

Maybe you can first clarify: what is their one trick?