A7V266 flash bios to 1011 big problems...

mcast12

Feb 21, 2003
Just flashed my A7V266 bios from 1002 to 1011. Everything seemed to go ok, utility said everything was successfull. I turned off the power, turned it back on and now my PC is just sitting there not even able to access the bios. I tried clearing the cmos by removing the battery turning power off etc but still nothing.

Anyone seen this before?

CurtCold

Golden Member
Aug 15, 2002
I also flashed exactly like you are talking about, from original bios to the 1011 bios with Asus flash utility, and had no problems. Try leaving the battery out for a minute or 2. Then try restarting.

I didnt' have any problems with the flash, and really dunno why you are. If the bios is the problem, I think you'll still have the problem even with taking the battery out, because it's the same bios that you've just flashed.

I could be wrong, but that's just my logic thinking there. 1011 just adds support for the 2600+ processor, so I don't understand why it would mess up your settings. Check your connections and make sure you don't have anything unseated.

CurtCold

Golden Member
Aug 15, 2002
HEY!

I found something that might help you fellow A7v owner!

shut down system, turn off power supply switch, note that your DSW are all OFF (jumper mode), set one of them to the on position, now turn on your system, go to BIOS, press F5 to load defaults, save & exit, now shut down, switch back the dipswitch to off, turn back on all should be fine....."

If it still doesn't work it most probably means that the contents of your BIOS chip (flash eeprom chip on the motherboard) are bad. Normally you should be able to get help from the dealer where you bought the board - although it might cost you a few dollars. ASUS can mail you a new BIOS chip, too - at some price. Some other Companies around the net (for example www.badflash.com) do the same. You could of course now get a preprogrammed BIOS Savior, too - this would get you out of trouble not only this time, but every other time, too.

Also for more goodies visit this site

------> :)

mcast12

Feb 21, 2003
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately nothing worked, I think the aflash utility messed up the eeprom. I'm off to buy a new M/B as I speak.