A7N8X-E Deluxe overclocking giving me HELL!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gamingphreek

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Dude your probably better off leving it back the way it was. Running an Athlon XP out of sync with the memroy is an EXTREMELY bad idea. Try the mobile and i think it will work, that Asus board is a good OCer. i think that your memory is perfectly fine. The problem probably lies in just one of those rare CPU's that dont OC for shit.
Good Luck

Cruiser96

Apr 13, 2004
Another note for comparison:

1) Not all 2500 "Barton" processors are 200Mhz FSB capable.

I recently RMA'd my 2500 Barton because it wouldn't hit the 200 FSB level and now have a 2500 that runs at 200+ FSB at 1.775 vcore.

I also have an unlocked 2600 "Thoroughbred" that I'm running with similar 200+ FSB success.

2) Not all Asus A7N8X-E boards are built the same!

I was only able to hit the 200 FSB level with my A7N8X-E mobo, even though I'm using Mushkin 3500 Level 1. I sent the the A7N8X-E mobo back for an RMA exchange and its replacement now runs at 10.5x220 FSB Prime95 stable and 230 FSB non-stable.

AWhackWhiteBoy

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2004
Sheik,get rid of that motherboard,quick. i got the exact same one,with the exact same problem. i put the SAME cpu and ram in a DFI lanparty and pulled 225 easy. that E deluxe is bad news. RMA it.

edit: if you want indept info on my experience with the E deluxe,feel free to personal message me

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Originally posted by: Xplaya91
Dude your probably better off leving it back the way it was. Running an Athlon XP out of sync with the memroy is an EXTREMELY bad idea. Try the mobile and i think it will work, that Asus board is a good OCer. i think that your memory is perfectly fine. The problem probably lies in just one of those rare CPU's that dont OC for shit.
Good Luck

Just wondering, why? I mean, it can prime for hours and hours, its the CPU thats the problem like someone mentioned, one of those that cannot overclock for $hit. *hugs his future mobile cpu*