A white nationalist, spouting Tucker Carlson's "white replacement theory" commits mass shooting in black neighborhood in Buffalo NY

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
To be fair, those two are not mutually exclusive. But of course, they are going to use the lesser evil term to describe him because... racism doesn't exist, right?
Unless it's black people then they are just inherently criminal

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Excerpt from the manifesto...
The document also claims “critical race theory,” a recent right-wing talking point that has come to generally encompass teaching about race in school, is part of a Jewish plot, and a reason to justify mass killings of Jews.

I've been asked why do you keep the CRT thread alive. I'll ask how many more black people must be slaughtered before you open your fucking eyes??

himkhan

Jul 13, 2013
I was just listening to rabid right wing radio and the ACTUAL spin they are trying to put on this is the Replacement Theory is actually a DEMOCRAT idea that used to be called something else (can't recall what he was blabbering about) but the goalpost have surely moved to Replacement Theory is a dem idea! How this makes Tucker Carlson parrot these DEM ideas daily and get half the republicans in this country to agree is beyond me.... but this is the logic these pimps of GOP lies are using. This guy literally said it 20x in 5 minutes.

REPLACEMENT THEORY HAS DEMOCRAT ORGANIZATIONS!!!!! IT'S A DEMOCRAT THING. BUT THEY ARE BLAMING FOX NEWS FOR THEIR OWN THEORY!!!!!

The brainwashing is so obvious is pathetic. These pimps need to be removed from the air.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo and dank69

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I was just listening to rabid right wing radio and the ACTUAL spin they are trying to put on this is the Replacement Theory is actually a DEMOCRAT idea that used to be called something else (can't recall what he was blabbering about) but the goalpost have surely moved to Replacement Theory is a dem idea! How this makes Tucker Carlson parrot these DEM ideas daily and get half the republicans in this country to agree is beyond me.... but this is the logic these pimps of GOP lies are using. This guy literally said it 20x in 5 minutes.

REPLACEMENT THEORY HAS DEMOCRAT ORGANIZATIONS!!!!! IT'S A DEMOCRAT THING. BUT THEY ARE BLAMING FOX NEWS FOR THEIR OWN THEORY!!!!!

The brainwashing is so obvious is pathetic. These pimps need to be removed from the air.
A chip right off the ole' Kremlin block.

Reactions: hal2kilo

himkhan

Jul 13, 2013
Everyone of these attacks isn't a chance to be contrite for rabid right wing radio and tv.... it's a chance to go full court press hard right ever further. How this cannot be seen complete and total culpability is beyond me. This kind of bullshit would not be allowed in the mother Russia so many of them admire right now. Or many other countries for that matter. We have one side of the political spectrum who have talking heads calling for and condoning a race/political war they will never pick up a gun and fight in. They lie continually to their cult and reinvent every single issue in our country as a chance to paint themselves as the REAL victims in America. Keep fanning the flames of white conservative fear. They think this will help them roll over the dems in November. I don't think things are going to go as they expect other than the gains they have assured by gerrymandering themselves more minority power.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Everyone of these attacks isn't a chance to be contrite for rabid right wing radio and tv.... it's a chance to go full court press hard right ever further.

They become indignant that the rhetoric they spew led to an act of terrorism while calling liberals the real terrorists for driving that guy to do it. The morons just nod along.

They think this will help them roll over the dems in November. I don't think things are going to go as they expect other than the gains they have assured by gerrymandering themselves more minority power.

I think the prospect the US survives the next few electoral cycles in its current form is increasingly dicey and not a proposition I would care to wager money on.

Reactions: Captante

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
I'll just leave this here:

X9ijoXl.jpeg

Lock him up!

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Why doesnt DNC sue?

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Everyone of these attacks isn't a chance to be contrite for rabid right wing radio and tv.... it's a chance to go full court press hard right ever further. How this cannot be seen complete and total culpability is beyond me. This kind of bullshit would not be allowed in the mother Russia so many of them admire right now. Or many other countries for that matter. We have one side of the political spectrum who have talking heads calling for and condoning a race/political war they will never pick up a gun and fight in. They lie continually to their cult and reinvent every single issue in our country as a chance to paint themselves as the REAL victims in America. Keep fanning the flames of white conservative fear. They think this will help them roll over the dems in November. I don't think things are going to go as they expect other than the gains they have assured by gerrymandering themselves more minority power.

"Oh, I don't support violence at all, I just believe there is an international conspiracy with the aim of eliminating me and the rest of the white race along with imposing world communism. Yes, I view this as an existential threat. No, I have no idea why someone might actually go out and act as if this were true."

Reactions: HomerJS

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I've been screaming this for over 20 years. She's just figuring it out??? WTF!
In wake of Buffalo shooting, Liz Cheney says House GOP leaders 'enabled white nationalism' - ABC Ne

To be fair, the article doesn't say she "just figured it out." This may not even be the first time she's discussed racism on the political right. At a minimum, she's been talking about authoritarianism on the right at least since 1/6.

I think this has to be put into wider context. She's a political conservative who agrees, and always has agreed, with the GOP platform on the vast majority of policy positions. She's likely always known there was both racism and authoritarianism on the right, but because she is politically aligned with the right based on policy positions, she likely convinced herself that it was more of a fringe. Until events during the Trump era, culminating with 1/6. Then she publicly split with fellow conservatives, and faced removal from leadership in the House, and censure. Much like Jeff Flake, who is also very conservative on policy, had to retire from the Senate because he knew he would get primaried out due to his opposition to Trump.

If the majority of Congressional republicans were like Cheney and Flake, we wouldn't be in this political crisis right now. We'd be back to the business as usual gridlock of dems having a hard time getting good policies passed, but without the worry of the country sliding into facist dictatorship, which is where we are right now. People like Cheney and Flake should encouraged, not criticized for being late to the game.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
I don’t know about comparing Carlson to Mason. Sure the hate he’s spewing can be considered brainwashing that Mason did. But Mason planned the murders not just plant the thoughts in their minds.

As for this 18 year old. Sadly he may get committed instead of spending rest of his life behind bars. If he was under a medical observation for over 24 hours because he was suicidal less than 2 years ago, that unfortunately works in his favour. Hold his parents for not monitoring their son more closely. If he managed to get the weapons himself, this just helps the push towards having proper gun regulations

Jul 9, 2009
He's who you wanted Kyle Rittenhouse to be, but never was. At least this time you have a racist hate monger who deserves to be executed in the shortest legally allowable time. That means Federal prosecution for premeditated murder hate crimes, a fast appeal and a death sentence carried out with due process.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
As horrifying as this is, Fox and the right wing will twist this tragedy around to justify as why Donald Trump is so important and so needed as the only one who can save America. Its amazing how the villains can instigate tragedy and then turn it around and toss it right back in the face of the victims. People like Tucker, like Fox News, they do this all the time. And like with all the other times, they will again get away with it this time too.
I have even worst news for you. When the incident was unfolding, Fox news did make a live article about it with a comment section. The comment section apparently blamed the incident on what they call the "13%", and went on to make jokes about the African Americans. Some of the commentators went even worse to saying how African Americans should have been sent back to Africa on a free boat ride, after the south lost the civil war. One very evil and racist commentator even wrote that this what happens when you let slaves out of the pen.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Why doesnt DNC sue?
1. DNC needs campaign money this year, and there is a risk that some form of counter suit could be filed.
2. The DNC can't sue Fox, but they can sue Tucker. But then again, every law suit against Tucker ended up in failure with the judge saying, "any person with a mind would know not to believe in Tucker." You also forgot about the fact that Tucker will claim First Amendment.
3. 5th Amendment being claimed by Tucker, as Tucker was most likely sued in the past for similar reasons.
4. Tucker could claim mental incompetence as a last ditch resort.
5. Tucker is a resident in NYS, and apparently NYC and News Corp have some sort of wierd contract. So there actually could some form of prejudice.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I don’t know about comparing Carlson to Mason. Sure the hate he’s spewing can be considered brainwashing that Mason did. But Mason planned the murders not just plant the thoughts in their minds.

As for this 18 year old. Sadly he may get committed instead of spending rest of his life behind bars. If he was under a medical observation for over 24 hours because he was suicidal less than 2 years ago, that unfortunately works in his favour. Hold his parents for not monitoring their son more closely. If he managed to get the weapons himself, this just helps the push towards having proper gun regulations
Would you be willing to go with

Tucker Carlson = Joseph Goebbels and he was just a minister of propaganda not a gas chamber designer. That would qualify for a guilty verdict at the Nuremburg trials

Reactions: Captante and dank69

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
1. DNC needs campaign money this year, and there is a risk that some form of counter suit could be filed.
2. The DNC can't sue Fox, but they can sue Tucker. But then again, every law suit against Tucker ended up in failure with the judge saying, "any person with a mind would know not to believe in Tucker." You also forgot about the fact that Tucker will claim First Amendment.
3. 5th Amendment being claimed by Tucker, as Tucker was most likely sued in the past for similar reasons.
4. Tucker could claim mental incompetence as a last ditch resort.
5. Tucker is a resident in NYS, and apparently NYC and News Corp have some sort of wierd contract. So there actually could some form of prejudice.
wut

• Haha

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Republicans always want to cry mental health but separating the mentally ill from their guns is NEVER part of their agenda.

They even run against red flag laws.

I understand he purchased his gun legally. Any cursory search of his background or a mental evaluation when applying for a permit would have not allowed him one.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
He's who you wanted Kyle Rittenhouse to be, but never was. At least this time you have a racist hate monger who deserves to be executed in the shortest legally allowable time. That means Federal prosecution for premeditated murder hate crimes, a fast appeal and a death sentence carried out with due process.
What do you mean this time?

Don't act like this is an isolated incident. There is a LONG list, that people like you always fail to acknowledge

Last edited:
Reactions: dank69

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

Ha haaaaa, this notion that we'll ever DO anything about the fact that people keep getting shot. It's so cute.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
The video is highly disturbing. Jumps right out of his car and starts firing.
Your post peaked my interest so I found it and I cut it off like less than 5 seconds after he steps out of the car. You weren't kidding. I don't need to see anymore.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Tucker will have to say something tonight. I only see 3 choices

1. Double down
2. Blame it on Democrats
3. Outright deny it

Should be interesting