A Warning for China***SECOND UPDATE***It's Getting Interesting. lol

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith
China has been around for thousands and thousands of years. I suspect that when the US is dust in the wind, China will still be there. China has gone through good and bad times, but always has been China. They survived tyrants, foreign invaders, they will survive communism, and will survive the US. The reports of their imminent demise are greatly exaggerated.

Communism will fail in China thanks to the US, who shall last as a free nation for the rest of humanity, trust me, if we cannot make it through, nobody else will........

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Alistar7
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith
China has been around for thousands and thousands of years. I suspect that when the US is dust in the wind, China will still be there. China has gone through good and bad times, but always has been China. They survived tyrants, foreign invaders, they will survive communism, and will survive the US. The reports of their imminent demise are greatly exaggerated.

Communism will fail in China thanks to the US, who shall last as a free nation for the rest of humanity, trust me, if we cannot make it through, nobody else will........

China as a nation has being around for about give or take 2000 years. The U.S. has been around for about give or take 200 hundred years.

ReiAyanami

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2002
I think most Americans would pay a little more for products made in the USA.
unfortunately it would not cost a little more, it would cost 6x more. for example 1 manufacturing job is "lost" to nafta and shifted to mexico and supports 2-4 workers, then as china's manufacturing ability increased the past decade, the job in mexico is lost to china because mexican workers were making 4x what chinese workers were, hence 8-16 are paid for the same amount the original US worker would have made.

so if one region has excess manual labor, should they not specialize in it? capitalism says yes (yep, its ironic that communists are 'stealing' jobs from capitalists thanks to the capitalist system)

take a look inside that computing machine infront of you. how many components are made in US? how many components are made in china, korea, japan, taiwan, ect...? now who bought those components?

if you want computers to cost $2000-$2500 like they were 3 years ago then we could support a bunch of overpaid ppl in silicon valley. a top of the line dell can be had for $400-$600 now. do you want to pay ourselves to be inefficient?