A very FUN summer car....

nateholtrop

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
heh i took this car to the beach today and i must say this car does a great job at attracting attn :) its a relatives car and he let me borrow it for the day and here it is in front of my garage in my apt complex :)

Picture DIR i didnt put the top down for the pics becuz i had just gotten it washed like 15 mins ago heh but now i am off

nate

edit fixed

nateholtrop

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
nholtrop: damn !
nholtrop: thread crapper
Beast1284: sorry dude... its just the way i am :)
Beast1284: haha
nholtrop: when was the last time you drove a Sebring?!
Beast1284: i test drove one before i got my current car...
nholtrop: what year was it?
Beast1284: 96
Beast1284: LXi
nholtrop: AH!!!!
nholtrop: tht was a hardtop you fool..
nholtrop: This is a 2000 JXI convertible
Beast1284: so.. your point?
nholtrop: totally different
Beast1284: nah dude...
nholtrop: ya..
nholtrop: convertibles and hardtops are totally different.
Beast1284: ya your right i am a moron..

see he even admitted it

nate

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
The old chrystler lebaron convertibles always used to be considered "chick cars", and I've never seen a guy in a sebring convertible around here. Must be a west coast thing...

nateholtrop

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
ya really what did you expect like a Ferrari F-50 out of my wet dreams ehehe nope i drove this for a good deal today :D and i must say it beats the crap out of my 4banger Sunfire SE heh

nate

Pastore

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2000
i would never buy a chrysler...

i drove a 96 sebring, way underpowered... feels like you are in a freakin boat when you are in a turn... the car was not stable at all, all wishy washy.... it just doesnt feel solid... the other car was my friends dad, same year and model... feel the same about it...

i aslo drove a lebaron gtc... yuck... more powerful, but the handling was just the same... the convertible made you feel like you were in a bird cage... you could hear the creaking of it when you went over 45 MPH... and this car had 15k miles on it when i drove it...

this isnt to say the vehicles havent gotten better, but i know that i would never put a cent towards one...

<< Beast1284: ya your right i am a moron.. >>

i never said that, dick

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Lebarons were based off of a frame developed in the mid 80's you can't compare them to a 2000 Sebring. Within the past few years, Chrysler has refined these cars and solidified them, the 1st iterations of these cars were shaky, but it's a completely different story. So until you get to drive a 2000/2k1 version, you don't know what this car is like :)

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Yeah teh LeBaron isn't a good comparison, honestly it was the frame of an aries underneath for all practical purposes :D You might not personlly like chrysler or even domestic cars, but you have to admit for recent years chrysler has been building some of the nicest. I'd like to cite the 300M for example and all the car of the year awards it has :)

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999

<< Here I was expecting a nice car. >>

And here we were expecting a constructive reply.

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000

<< Here I was expecting a nice car. >>

yeah, me too. He said very FUN, which implies something around Corvette status. The car in this thread is merely fun, at best.

Ultima200

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2000
Sebrings are the biggest pieces of &quot;shit&quot; out there. My friends mother had one and it was in the shop once a month. POS. BTW, why would they get any attention, they are pretty common nothing special