A thread too good to pass up

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Best post in the thread:

Sorry to register just to post on this thread, but this has to be said.

ZioSys is a hoax. ZioSys is clearly comprised entirely of one megalomaniacal teenager that somehow got a merchant account, one slightly modified free website template and some paperwork filed with the state of Kentucky. Their facilities consist entirely of one crappy apartment in suburban Lexington.

Instead of building an actual business, Brad is obsessed with the trappings of legitimacy. Hence the fake Microsoft certification, claiming that they make MSI's gear, ripping off NewEgg's verbiage, etc. All 4 positive reviews on Reseller Ratings are clearly fake posts. The first two have identical profiles and the same post date; they even use the same phraseology. Same profiles and post dates for the second two positives. Interestingly, the negatives all tell similar stories: paid, waited forever, no product. My guess is that ZioSys doesnt keep any stock at all; they take the money and then maybe ship if they can find the ordered parts at a retailer cheap enough to make a profit.

Brad's posts read like they were written by someone with rapidly cycling bipolar disorder. He goes on manic, incoherent rants, quickly apologies, then on to the next rant. His claims are contradictory because he doesn't or cant think them out ahead of time. He also has a bizarre habit of pretending to be different people in order to gloss over his previous weirdness. When no one buys it, he claims its all part of his grand plan. In the video posted above, he claims that all of this bad publicity was a ploy to get people to recognize ZioSys "as [he] wanted them to." Consider this gem from the ZioSys site: "Just as language was key in creating organized societies in the early stages of human life, so is information key to helping man go beyond the boundaries of those societies into a new age of human development. Zio Systems will be the foundation for that development and much, MUCH, more." ZioSys is no simple reseller, it's the catalyst for the next evolution of mankind.

My guess is that Brad's laughable overreaction to criticism comes from the mismatch between his feelings of grandeur (see his bit about shutting Bill Gates up) and his lowly station in life. That people don't instantly defer to him makes no sense and is simply intolerable.

Steve

Lifer
May 2, 2004
www.chicagopipeband.com
I tried ordering the free monitor, and I noticed that their checkout isn't even https. I went ahead and got to the point where I'd pay with Paypal, and got "This recipient is currently unable to receive money." I clicked on Go Back To Merchant, and my shopping cart was empty :p

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Their equal opportunity statement cracked me up!

From this page

"Zio Systems© is an equal opportunity workplace and employer. Besides discrimination in anyway is completely pointless, in anyone who is racist only shows their insecurities."

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Yes, it is hilarious, but this guys needs some prison time for scamming so many people. Maybe that'll teach him something.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
This explains everything:

Eventually by the end of this year, we will be viewed as an ODM. I'm 19 and I already have 46 people working for this company

He's 19 and "used to work for Dell". More like he's some loser who things he can do everything better than anyone else (like most kids at that age do), so he got canned for mouthing off too much.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
LOL- I sent a support request to their website saying I was interested in getting some specs on a laptop, but I saw the poor ratings and the raving of their president so I changed my mind :)

PhoenixOrion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2004
Originally posted by: Zero001
Originally posted by: Conky
Somebody needs to forcefeed that kid his Ritalin! :laugh:

BTW, I wonder if his Zio System company would honor this super hot deal on a 19" monitor I found advertised and seems to be in stock? :p

I don't think this outfit is gonna survive with margins like that. ;)
:shocked: Free 19" monitor
In for 2 :p [/sarcasm]

The Overlord Zios giving away 19" LCDS! The people of Zios rejoice!

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
OMFG...they got payment processor info, address, numbers, court cases: being sued for a variety of things including not paying rent, and so much more....

I swear that is the best thread I've read in ages ...it just keeps on getting better

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: randomlinh
I want to see the kid rot. Did anyone else see the chat video? if they actually have tC's, I'd like to go pay them a visit.

The guys Credit processor just dropped him, he lied about going to college at 15 (he just graduated in 2006 and went to a vocational tech school after that), he is facing legal action....etc

he is lying through his teeth...

did I mention that is customer designed site is a joomla template, or who his host is (shared btw), or how me claims to own Jetta (OEM) and provide the raw materials for MSI, lies about MS Certification, etc?

It's a thing of beauty...

Frintin

Oct 3, 2002
Sad thing is...this person will have their problem their whole life. Can't successfully treat that crap.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
Originally posted by: randomlinh
I want to see the kid rot. Did anyone else see the chat video? if they actually have tC's, I'd like to go pay them a visit.

The guys Credit processor just dropped him, he lied about going to college at 15 (he just graduated in 2006 and went to a vocational tech school after that), he is facing legal action....etc

he is lying through his teeth...

did I mention that is customer designed site is a joomla template, or who his host is (shared btw), or how me claims to own Jetta (OEM) and provide the raw materials for MSI, lies about MS Certification, etc?

It's a thing of beauty...

Actually, didn't the dates work out that he went to vocational school DURING high school? Or did that post get the dates wrong?

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: ForumMaster
Originally posted by: Zero001
Originally posted by: Conky
Somebody needs to forcefeed that kid his Ritalin! :laugh:

BTW, I wonder if his Zio System company would honor this super hot deal on a 19" monitor I found advertised and seems to be in stock? :p

I don't think this outfit is gonna survive with margins like that. ;)
:shocked: Free 19" monitor
In for 2 :p [/sarcasm]

why only two? :p

Can I buy one from you? I think you got the last of them. ;)