A sitting Congressman is demanding that the US military hunt down American citizens on American soil..

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
.. because he disagrees with their speech. And ironically, he claims this wildly un-Constitutional action is required to protect his free speech.
This is far worse than McCarthyism. Who will be next Americans to be labeled 'terrorists' so that the Trump admin can revoke their due process and have them illegally murdered in the name of 'law and order' like Duterte does to his own citizens? Is this what America has become?

Title edited for accuracy.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Matt Gaetz is utterly vile.

And there is no "antifa." If it's an organization, who is its leader? Where are its headquarters? It's nothing more than a label that certain people apply to themselves to describe their anti-fascist beliefs.

This obsession with so-called "antifa" stems from what, a few guys calling themselves antifa showed up at some speeches at universities a few years back and threw a bottle or two, maybe punched some guy. Never heard a shred of evidence of an "antifa" related killing. Meanwhile, white supremacists and other right wing terrorists are killing a 100+ a year.

It's a boogeyman that the right has conjured up from whole cloth. A hoax from soup to nuts. And we have a POTUS and Congressman tweeting about this.

Please fire the republicans in November.

Preferably all of them.

Last edited:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

And there is no "antifa." If it's an organization, who is it's leader? Where are its headquarters? It's nothing more than a label that certain people apply to themselves to describe their anti-fascist beliefs.

This obsession with so-called "antifa" stems from what, a few guys calling themselves antifa showed up at some speeches at universities a few years back and threw a bottle or two, maybe punched some guy. Never heard a shred of evidence of an "antifa" related killing.

It's a boogeyman that the right has conjured up from whole cloth. It's a hoax from soup to nuts. And we have a POTUS and Congressman tweeting about this.

Please fire republican party in November.

Preferably all of them.
I think the fact there is no actual antifa organization only lends credence to the argument that the real purpose here is to arbitrarily label American citizens who are critical of the administration as 'terrorists' and use govt force against them accordingly.

I can't wait for the 'Free Speech' tribunals: 'are you now or have you ever been a member of antifa?'

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Is there any evidence that antifa is even behind instigating any of the violence in recent protests?
I don't know about this, but I don't believe it's the point either. The point is, who is antifa? Who are these people who Gaetz wants the US military to hunt down and execute on American soil? What due process rights will American citizens have to protect themselves from being arbitrarily labeled by the govt as 'antifa?'
Really wish we could get one of the resident Trump supporters in here to explain why they support this.

Last edited:

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
I don't know about this, but I don't believe it's the point either. The point is, who is antifa? Who are these people who Gaetz wants the US military to hunt down and execute on American soil? What due process rights will American citizens have to protect themselves from being arbitrarily labeled by the govt as 'antifa?'
Really wish we could get one of the Trump supporters in here to explain why they support this.
I'd say it is exactly the point. Antifa is a boogeyman people like gaetz are trying to use to show the violence is caused by the dems. They have no evidence but then again their supporters dont need any. These people thrive on muddying the water and changing the conversation.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I'd say it is exactly the point. Antifa is a boogeyman people like gaetz are trying to use to show the violence is caused by the dems. They have no evidence but then again their supporters dont need any. These people thrive on muddying the water and changing the conversation.

Well yes, I agree with this. However, my greater concern is that they are 'muddying the waters' by calling for the US military hunt down and kill American citizens on American soil, in blatant violation of their Constitutional rights.

Reactions: DarthKyrie and FaaR

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

And there is no "antifa." If it's an organization, who is its leader? Where are its headquarters? It's nothing more than a label that certain people apply to themselves to describe their anti-fascist beliefs.

This obsession with so-called "antifa" stems from what, a few guys calling themselves antifa showed up at some speeches at universities a few years back and threw a bottle or two, maybe punched some guy. Never heard a shred of evidence of an "antifa" related killing. Meanwhile, white supremacists and other right wing terrorists are killing a 100+ a year.

It's a boogeyman that the right has conjured up from whole cloth. A hoax from soup to nuts. And we have a POTUS and Congressman tweeting about this.

Preferably all of them.

you know, there's probably a reason that fascists don't like anti-fascists. Time might be better spent in scrutinizing the people that condemn anti-fascists.

Nov 8, 2012

Preferably all of them.

There is no KKK.

Who is its leader?
Where are its headquarters?
How can I contact their customer support and file a complaint?

It's nothing more than a label that certain people apply to themselves to describe their racist beliefs.

• Haha
Reactions: Atreus21 and iRONic

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

I’d say their aim goes further than that. “We don’t know who Antifa is, therefore we don’t know who Antifa *isn’t*.”

What Gaetz and Barr and other Trump enablers want is carte blanche to investigate and spy on “lefty” political orgs and arrest/detain their operatives without warrant, at least until the election is over. Would be great for “their” turnout numbers. All under the guise of rooting out “Antifa” from American soil.

Does Antifa even have a body count? Who’s keeping score on their kills/injured?

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
A week ago I would have thought that was impossible but now seems like we are headed in that direction which is insane.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
There is no KKK.

Who is its leader?

It's nothing more than a label that certain people apply to themselves to describe their racist beliefs.
Umm, pretty sure the KKK had (has?) leaders

Reactions: DarthKyrie

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
There is no KKK.

Who is its leader?

Is this meant as a serious analogy? You really need to look over the history of the KKK since the late 1860's all the way to the present. They've had leaders, headquarters. They have funding from dues. Membership cards. Even a "uniform" of sorts. And unlike "antifi," who has killed literally no one, they've killed lots of people.

Give me a break.

You really want to challenge what I've said. Produce any evidence, ANYTHING, that antifa is anything more than exactly what I said: a self-imposed ideological label.

I'm waiting.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
There is no KKK.

Who is its leader?

The KKK is far more organized than Antifa. It has Ranks for eg. One would have to be really uninformed not to know this.

Nov 8, 2012
Is this meant as a serious analogy? You really need to look over the history of the KKK since the late 1860's all the way to the present. They've had leaders, headquarters. They have funding from dues. Membership cards. Even a "uniform" of sorts. And unlike "antifi," who has killed literally no one, they've killed lots of people.

Give me a break.

You really want to challenge what I've said. Produce any evidence, ANYTHING, that antifa is anything more than exactly what I said: a self-imposed ideological label.

I'm waiting.

If those questions are so easy to answer, then answer them.

Go on, do tell!

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
There is no KKK.

Who is its leader?

Fail:

That used to be a big one. They’ve all been fractured since the IRS revoked their tax-exempt status in the Forties.

Here are the others with HQ locations:

Alliance of American Klans (Cookeville, Tennessee)
Alliance of American Klans (Dayton, Ohio)
Alliance of American Klans (Statewide, Mississippi)
American Christian Dixie Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Florida)
American Christian Dixie Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Illinois)
American Christian Dixie Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Indiana)
American Christian Dixie Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Kentucky)
American Christian Dixie Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Mississippi)
American Christian Dixie Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, New York)
American Christian Dixie Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, North Carolina)
American Christian Dixie Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Ohio)
American Christian Dixie Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Tennessee)
American Christian Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Moselle, Mississippi)
Church of the National Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (South Bend, Indiana)
Church of the National Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Kentucky)
Confederate Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Richmond, Virginia)
East Coast Knights of the True Invisible Empire (Statewide, Pennsylvania)
Exalted Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Tennessee)
Honorable Sacred Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Madison, Indiana)
Imperial Klans of America of the Ku Klux Klan (Dawson Springs, Kentucky)
International Keystone Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Florida)
International Keystone Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Georgia)
International Keystone Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Mississippi)
Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Harrison, Arkansas)
Ku Klos Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Lawrenceville, Illinois)
Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Pelham, North Carolina)
Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Maryland)
Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, New York)
Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Ohio)
Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Virginia)
Noble Klans of America (Statewide, New Jersey)
Nordic Order Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Indiana)
Nordic Order Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Kentucky)
Pacific Coast Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Alpena, Michigan)
Pacific Coast Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, California)
Pacific Coast Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Oregon)
Patriotic Brigade Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Gladewater, Texas)
Patriotic Brigade Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Louisiana)
Patriotic Brigade Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Oklahoma)
Patriotic Brigade Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, South Carolina)
Rebel Brigade Knights True Invisible Empire (Martinsville, Virginia)
Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Florida)
United Dixie White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Mississippi)
United Klans of America (Morrison, Tennessee)
United Klans of America (Statewide, Alabama)
United Northern and Southern Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Ellijay, Georgia)
White Knights of Texas (DeKalb, Texas)

Nov 8, 2012
Fail:

That used to be a big one. They’ve all been fractured since the IRS revoked their tax-exempt status in the Forties.

Here are the others with HQ locations:

Alliance of American Klans (Cookeville, Tennessee)
Alliance of American Klans (Dayton, Ohio)
Alliance of American Klans (Statewide, Mississippi)
American Christian Dixie Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Florida)
American Christian Dixie Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Illinois)
American Christian Dixie Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Indiana)
American Christian Dixie Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Kentucky)
American Christian Dixie Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Mississippi)
American Christian Dixie Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, New York)
American Christian Dixie Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, North Carolina)
American Christian Dixie Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Ohio)
American Christian Dixie Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Tennessee)
American Christian Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Moselle, Mississippi)
Church of the National Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (South Bend, Indiana)
Church of the National Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Kentucky)
Confederate Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Richmond, Virginia)
East Coast Knights of the True Invisible Empire (Statewide, Pennsylvania)
Exalted Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Tennessee)
Honorable Sacred Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Madison, Indiana)
Imperial Klans of America of the Ku Klux Klan (Dawson Springs, Kentucky)
International Keystone Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Florida)
International Keystone Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Georgia)
International Keystone Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Mississippi)
Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Harrison, Arkansas)
Ku Klos Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Lawrenceville, Illinois)
Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Pelham, North Carolina)
Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Maryland)
Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, New York)
Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Ohio)
Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Virginia)
Noble Klans of America (Statewide, New Jersey)
Nordic Order Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Indiana)
Nordic Order Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Kentucky)
Pacific Coast Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Alpena, Michigan)
Pacific Coast Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, California)
Pacific Coast Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Oregon)
Patriotic Brigade Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Gladewater, Texas)
Patriotic Brigade Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Louisiana)
Patriotic Brigade Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Oklahoma)
Patriotic Brigade Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, South Carolina)
Rebel Brigade Knights True Invisible Empire (Martinsville, Virginia)
Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Florida)
United Dixie White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Statewide, Mississippi)
United Klans of America (Morrison, Tennessee)
United Klans of America (Statewide, Alabama)
United Northern and Southern Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (Ellijay, Georgia)
White Knights of Texas (DeKalb, Texas)

Do... Uh... Do you know what the term Headquarters means?

Do you know that Antifa has plenty of groups by location as well, right?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
There is no KKK.

Who is its leader?

Are there any govt leaders calling for KKK members to be hunted down by the US military on US soil and executed without trial?

And actually there are a few formal KKK organizations with leaders, HQs, organizational structures, etc. (Oops, got beat to this).

Last edited:

mistercrabby

Mar 9, 2013
Antifa does exist, in the us and Europe primarily. Like other cell based political action groups like al aqaeda, Christian identity, black separatist, skin heads, other anti-whatever hate groups, etc. it is a loose confederation of local cells and individuals, online communities and related affinity groups.

Antifa embodies a spectrum of ideological and behavioral manifestations, a pastiche of individual and coordinated action including political action and dialogue, opportunistic agitation propaganda and more recently an escalation of violent tendencies.

The information above is added to explain that antifa does exist. I don’t take a position on whether it’s should be designated a terrorist organization. I’m on the fence.

Some antifa people have done despicable acts of violence at rallies and other peaceful protests, hijacking the nominal positive message and intent of the organizers. Charlottesville and Portland, and current, for example. Well within what local and state law enforcement can handle, in my opinion.

However, I will state with conviction that I judge people for what they do, not for what they say. Violence, thuggery and hateful action is never justified, no matter the ideology. If it’s leftists, or right wingers or non political criminality, it’s all bad and we should find it equally repugnant.

Reactions: killster1

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Do... Uh... Do you know what the term Headquarters means?

Do you know that Antifa has plenty of groups by location as well, right?

From the first link:

“IKA's headquarters and compound in Dawson Springs, Ky., have long served as the venue for the hate-rock gathering Nordic Fest.”

Not worth my time to link to the profiles for every group on that list, but you’re welcome to it if you want to own me...lol.