A new patch for Star Wars Republic Commando

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
Thanks for this! Republic Commando is one of the best Star Wars games ever made, and a really good FPS in its own right. Basically the antithesis of the new Battlefront, since it has a really good single player campaign. I always loved the squad mechanics, and how your squad actually feels useful and will fight on and revive you if you go down. This was one of the best things to come about as a result of the prequels, along with the Battlefront games.

It's a shame they never got around to making a sequel, "Imperial Commando" would have been great. It's one thing I hope EA revives, especially since they have the perfect studio for it (Visceral), but at the same time, given how Battlefront turned out, I'd be skeptical of them actually doing the series justice.

HologramSkin

Nov 25, 2015
Thanks for this! Republic Commando is one of the best Star Wars games ever made, and a really good FPS in its own right. Basically the antithesis of the new Battlefront, since it has a really good single player campaign. I always loved the squad mechanics, and how your squad actually feels useful and will fight on and revive you if you go down. This was one of the best things to come about as a result of the prequels, along with the Battlefront games.

It's a shame they never got around to making a sequel, "Imperial Commando" would have been great. It's one thing I hope EA revives, especially since they have the perfect studio for it (Visceral), but at the same time, given how Battlefront turned out, I'd be skeptical of them actually doing the series justice.

Battlefront 3 is possible the worst example of a sequel I've ever seen, since it added nothing new, and actually removed content (how can you have Star Wars without space battles?).

I did not know about this game until now and I will check it out soon. Thanks for showing this.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Rep Com is the best Star Wars FPS ever created and sorely underplayed/underrated.

I may have to give this a go... I still have the DVD and the game on steam.

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
The new patch really improves the graphics! The shooting mechanics is a BIT off in this game though, very old fashion set up...

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Thought an actual official patch was out.

It is a very good star wars fps game though.

Last edited:

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I remember really enjoying that game. I bought it when I built a new rig. I think it was a 3800+ with two Geforce 6800GT's in SLI. That's when I also bought my Logitech Z5500 digital speakers and experienced 5.1 surround for the first time, and that game sounded damn amazing. I remember that. Those speakers still work like the day I bought them. Great game that was!

Also, LOOK OUT! ZURLLLGHH!!!!

https://youtu.be/yaSbQirTpDU?t=318

Last edited: