A new Blizzard job listing suggests that a PvP shooter is in the works

RayCathode

Oct 10, 2001
Incoming Blizzard battle royale!
-=-=-
https://www.pcgamer.com/a-new-blizzard-job-listing-suggests-that-a-pvp-shooter-is-in-the-works/

The super-secret first-person project at Blizzard that first came to light in 2016 remains unannounced, but it looks like the wheels are still turning on it. A new job listing for a "senior/principal game designer" has appeared on the Blizzard Careers website, seeking someone "with experience in developing weapons, abilities, and gameplay systems in action or first-person shooter games."

"As a Senior or Principal Designer, you’ll work with numerous departments to shape the core gameplay experience for this unannounced project by defining the abilities, powers, and weapons our players will use," the listing states. "The ideal candidate will design and implement great game experiences while helping to foster a creative and energetic environment. You have proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, and extensive knowledge and passion for competitive first-person shooter games."

The requirements are fairly steep, as you'd expect, including a minimum five years in the industry, experience in triple-A development, and an "absolute passion for playing and creating PvP game experiences."

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Im still waiting on World Of Starcraft.

You know damn well that would sell a billion copies.

GET ON IT, BLIZZARD!

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
Can we finally drive a Thor in first person view combat? (rhetorical, I know we know nothing)

If Planetside 2 is any indication though, there will be tons of players that just want to be infantry level and will complain about being farmed by Thors (and the equivalents on Protoss/Zerg).

RayCathode

Oct 10, 2001
There is also a rumor something Diablo related is in development. If it wasn't for the focus on PvP I might have thought they were making a Diablo looter-shooter. I have to imagine whatever it is it won't directly compete with Overwatch.

Rebel_L

Nov 9, 2009
I am not that familiar with dev team lingo, but but senior/principle designer doesn't sound like lead designer to me. If thats the case it just means there is a pvp guy on the team and pretty much all games come with some sort of pvp these days.