A new Album from the Gun's & Roses

violetman

Sep 6, 2003
It's only "Greatest Hits" but it's something...
Do you think Axl is still capable of writing some good music like Don't Cry or Yesterdays?

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
I only liked Appetite for Destruction, but I was 16 when it was released. I didn't care for any of their other stuff, like November Rain and crap.

violetman

Sep 6, 2003
i have a headache!!!

Use Your Illusion is among the best ever for me,I even liked all the videoclips ...
I hope they will come up with sth really good i hope:D:D:D

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
I hate GNR. Axl is a whiney little bitch. I guess I'll never forgive him for just quitting and walking off the stage pouting when Hetfield got burned during the Metallica/GNR tour. After Hetfield went down, Axl came on stage, did like one song and walked off pissed about something......it caused a riot. He's a punk.....Slash can play though.

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Vonkhan
Axl's the man :beer: atleast he didn't sell out like Metallica

If being a flaming prima dona, being incapable of putting out any new music, incapable of any musical progression in general, not being able to get along with your bandmates, etc. means you're the man then I guess you're right.

I think he's a whining b!tch myself. I just have a slightly different idea of what being "the man" is ;)

Rumpltzer

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2003
i liked the Appetite for Destruction and Lies albums. I listened to each until the tapes wore out and I had to get new ones. I still have them.

The Use Your Illusion albums just didn't seem replayable. I was disappointed. I didn't even bother with the Spaghetti thing

Axl's reappearance a few years ago on some awards show was scary. His face was all puffy and shiney like he's been made into a cyborg or something. The guy with the KFC bucket on his head?!
rolleye.gif

...I dunno. I guess I'd prefer they just stop it and let the memories be good.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Velvet Revolver is supposed to come out with a new ablum soon. I've heard the first track off of it and it's pretty fvcking good.

Vonkhan

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
Originally posted by: flxnimprtmscl
Originally posted by: Vonkhan
Axl's the man :beer: atleast he didn't sell out like Metallica

If being a flaming prima dona, being incapable of putting out any new music, incapable of any musical progression in general, not being able to get along with your bandmates, etc. means you're the man then I guess you're right.

I think he's a whining b!tch myself. I just have a slightly different idea of what being "the man" is ;)

think u need to read a lil' bit more into what transpired between him and Geffen

violetman

Sep 6, 2003
Originally posted by: Rumpltzer
i liked the Appetite for Destruction and Lies albums. I listened to each until the tapes wore out and I had to get new ones. I still have them.

The Use Your Illusion albums just didn't seem replayable. I was disappointed. I didn't even bother with the Spaghetti thing

Axl's reappearance a few years ago on some awards show was scary. His face was all puffy and shiney like he's been made into a cyborg or something. The guy with the KFC bucket on his head?!
rolleye.gif

...I dunno. I guess I'd prefer they just stop it and let the memories be good.

Shame i didn't watch it...I wonder what happened to his face though :)it does look strange "puffy and shiny" like if he did some heroine from wrong people or sth...

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
all i can say is

"knock knock knockin on heaven's door, yeh-yeh yeh-yeh-yeh"
and
"ohhhhhh sweet child of mine"

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Well I remeber back in the day (1992 to be precise) I was making pretty good money and one song in particular fit pretty well -

Diamonds and fast cars....money to burn....got my head in the clouds and these thoughts to churn...

...I got genuine, imitation bad apples, free sample for your piece of mind only $9.95...

When the sh#t hit fan, it was all I could stand yeah - Im a frequent flyer...

------

I remember going to a guns n roses / metallica concert back in 1992 as well over @ TEXAS STADUIM. You should have seen the 1,000s upon 1,000s of headbangers making the place one big bong.

Last month I saw Kid Rock in Fort Worth. Brought back some of those memories...

G&R w/o Slash is not G&R 'tall. They should call themselves "& Rose" at this point.

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
Originally posted by: dwell
G&N w/o Slash is not G&N 'tall. They should call themselves "& Rose" at this point.

Axl can't stick with anybody. Anybody remember LA Guns? LoL

I liked everything except Lies. I even own Spaghetti Incident.

My wife is the big GNR fan tho. I took her to a show in San Diego a few years ago when Soundgarden opened. Axl took 4 fscking hours to come onstage after SG left. Pissed me off, since I had to be at work the next morning at 7. :| But at least I got an autographed drumstick from Matt Sorum! :D

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Slash is a good, above average guitarist. THAT'S IT. He's not great by any stretch of the imagination. Axl's voice grates on my nerves sometimes, but I like GNR overall.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Jzero
Greatest Hits == Group is dead

Sometimes they are just putting plastic on the shelves to fulfill contractual obligations.

Usually it's a sign that a band can't come up with anything new.

GNR, though, has been out of the game for a LOOOOONG while.

fredtam

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
G&N w/o Slash is not G&N 'tall. They should call themselves "& Rose" at this point.

Yeah, Replacing one member (Steven Adler ---->Matt Sorum) is one thing but having one original member doesn't fly. It won't bring back the people who used to listen to GnR and I don't think the new GnR will bring many new listeners given todays popular music styles.

Edit: with the exception of Aerosmith anytime a band was doing drugs at the time their best material came out and then they clean up they start to suck. They usually aren't in the same mindset that people connected with. This usually only applies to bands that write their own stuff though,

Originally posted by: ThePresence
Slash is a good, above average guitarist. THAT'S IT. He's not great by any stretch of the imagination. Axl's voice grates on my nerves sometimes, but I like GNR overall.
I don't care about how "good" a guitarist can play or not. Slash had his own style that defined the G&R sound as much as Axl's voice. G&R w/o Slash is like calling "Slash's Snake Pit" G&R -- it's not a complete formula.

Supermercado

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Gn'R's one of my favorite bands and I'm looking forward to the new album, even though if that single they did for the End of Days soundtrack is any indication, the album will probably be nowhere near as good as their previous work. I watched that awards show they were on a few years ago.... as far as the guy with the KFC bucket on his head is appropriately called Buckethead and is no slouch on the guitar. I've got some stuff by him and it's quite good. Sure, he's not Slash, but he's still a darn good player. As for the material, one of the songs they played was apparently called Madagascar and if the album comes out for no other reason, I'd like it to come out so I can finally hear this song. From what I heard at that awards show, I liked it a lot and I've been wanting to hear it since. That said, it will probably suck :p

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
last i heard chinese democracy was coming along about as well as could be expected.