A Muslim's opinion of Bin Laden

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Without reading your post, just from the title I can tell you one person's opinion rarely represents the general sentiment. The outspoken tend to be radicals in the first place.

StinkyMojo

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
Originally posted by: rasczak
Originally posted by: BassBomb
I am Muslim. I believe he is real

The question is, do you believe in what he is doing? Not to put you on sthe spot, but I'd like to hear your point of view on him being that you are Muslim. I'm not going to bash you for your faith, and I hope no one here does so either.

Do you really think that the majority of Muslims approve of his actions?

Come on... :roll:

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: StinkyMojo

The question is, do you believe in what he is doing? Not to put you on sthe spot, but I'd like to hear your point of view on him being that you are Muslim. I'm not going to bash you for your faith, and I hope no one here does so either.

Bin Laden has a 46% approval rating in the Muslim world.

You are so naive. Muslims in the middle east DO believe in it. That is the problem. That is why there is no protest against Bin Laden, and the ones that don't believe him don't speak out because they would get beheaded.

BigDH01

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2005
I think the subject of the OP simply meant that the bin Laden we think of doesn't exist. He's not a man wielding a ton of power, ready to use it to destroy the West at any time. He's just some backwards guy running from the law who may or may not have been a mastermind at one time. More likely than not, he was involved in the 9/11 attacks but he probably had powerful allies to help. He's more of a figurehead of anti-Western sentiment than actual leader.

StinkyMojo

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
Originally posted by: JS80
Originally posted by: StinkyMojo

Bin Laden has a 46% approval rating in the Muslim world.

You are so naive. Muslims in the middle east DO believe in it. That is the problem. That is why there is no protest against Bin Laden, and the ones that don't believe him don't speak out because they would get beheaded.

If you read the article you can see that the 46% came from Pakistan. Last time I checked, Pakistan ? Muslim world.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
yes 100% of muslims believe as the op states. any not conforming or disagreeing are just making stuff up to post on the internet since they are muslin apologists.