a movie for us: antitrust

EmperorNero

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2000
us as in computer geeks in general, but it will appeal much more to "linux weenies" (as quoted from a prominent member of this board :)).

Antitrust.

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Oh yeah... I have been waiting for this movie to come out even since I saw the trailer a couple of months back... Rachel Leigh Cook alone is worth seeing! :)

BTW, parts of that movie was filmed at my school (University of British Columbia)... which is another reason for me to go see it...

Huma

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
I saw the trailer at the theatre, and rachel leigh cook looks so edible.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It has Tim Robbins...he's good.
I wonder if it will have those stupid fake 3D OSes like every other computer movie.

EmperorNero

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2000
kami, it has actual screenshots of linux and the KDE environment...but I'm not sure for the other OS (N.U.R.V.'s OS).

luv2chill

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
Kami--

SO TRUE about other movies. I think my favorite is Mission Impossible 1, and The Net is pretty bad too.

Office Space has some interesting computers... they seem to be some sort of PC/Mac hybrid... I've yet to figure that one out. :)

l2c

cyclistca

Platinum Member
Dec 5, 2000
People here are generally hardware junkies, this guy is a programmer....

Well some of us here are into programming :p.

Being an older fart I'd have to say that I prefer Claire Forlani. Hmmm she's one sexy woman.

eyor

Banned
Feb 7, 2000
lmao, remember in the Hackers movie when the sysadmin was sitting in fron of a huge purple screen and the "trash" directory began to blink because a hacker was accessing it? lol!

Dark4ng3l

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2000
In the movie hackers the hacking and stuff was so irrealistic I mean they could basicaly do anything and it looked easey as hell. The movie wasnt that bad though. It looks kinda old now when you look at it(the girl has a ppro laptop with a 33.6k modem and the guys say wow) Was there ever a hackers2 movie I heard about one but never saw anything a bout it. If prolly gone see asntitrust this week end.

eyor

Banned
Feb 7, 2000
hackers2? first I've ever heard of it... and how do you know the specs of the laptop?

arcain

Oct 9, 1999
EmperorNero:

I think the Gnome people would have a fit over you calling it KDE.

flood

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
There was a second CD of the hackers soundtrack. I think thats what you have it mixed up with.