A moment of honesty from Moscow Mitch

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
The other part is the senate majority leader also professed ignorance about rather or not the plan was utilized by the current administration.

Reactions: zinfamous
Feb 4, 2009
You don't get credit for shit you're supposed to do. Just ask Chris Rock

haha I love this.....
I also loved the hide your money in books joke but I don’t like to repeat it because its not funny when a white guys say it.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
It wasn't a "mistake". Nor was it a "moment of honesty"
He said what he said, and the people he wanted to hear it heard it. Those same people are NOT going to hear his walk back. Period. You think Fox, OAN, Briebert etc are going to bring up the walk back? Mitch played the game.

Feb 4, 2009
It wasn't a "mistake". Nor was it a "moment of honesty"
He said what he said, and the people he wanted to hear it heard it. Those same people are NOT going to hear his walk back. Period. You think Fox, OAN, Briebert etc are going to bring up the walk back? Mitch played the game.

Nope they won’t. However having this bookmarked for when 5 years from now a deplorable complains about it will be handy.

Reactions: Homerboy

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Doesn't matter. They're already saying that the pandemic plan, which up until 2 days ago never existed for the last 3 years, was not only "inadequate" but they had "improved" upon it. Because, you know, their response was "perfect".

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Funny how the retraction just doen't seem to have near as much effect as the initial falsehood. It's in their fucking playbook.

This is of course true, but I'm more interested in why he retracted the statement at all. Trump and the GOP, McConnell included, frequently make baseless and false accusations, and they never retract them.

Everything McConnell does has a political purpose. I wonder what it is here.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This is of course true, but I'm more interested in why he retracted the statement at all. Trump and the GOP, McConnell included, frequently make baseless and false accusations, and they never retract them.

Everything McConnell does has a political purpose. I wonder what it is here.
I have no idea but I don't see much price for him in admitting he's wrong.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I have no idea but I don't see much price for him in admitting he's wrong.

Leading to the conclusion that he admitted he was wrong as a moral principle? Mitch McConnell?

I don't really know either, but I suspect that McConnell, who is smart at politics, may have decided that attacking Obama is not a good electoral strategy, that they're better off attacking Biden directly rather than trying to damage him by association with Obama. Because Obama has high approvals now, and ex-presidents tend to enjoy a certain reverence, more so than they ever got while in office.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Leading to the conclusion that he admitted he was wrong as a moral principle? Mitch McConnell?

I don't really know either, but I suspect that McConnell, who is smart at politics, may have decided that attacking Obama is not a good electoral strategy, that they're better off attacking Biden directly rather than trying to damage him by association with Obama. Because Obama has high approvals now, and ex-presidents tend to enjoy a certain reverence, more so than they ever got while in office.
On moral principle, hehe. Maybe. He was wrong and he may not have realized he was when he spoke. Since I can see little negative consequence for admitting he was wrong and can see brownie points for correcting a mistake, he may have gone moral for the points. That’s why I would. What I don’t know is if like for me, the only points that matter to him are the ones he gives to himself.

People can be truthful for different reasons. Also, it is against my moral principles accusing people of acting on evil motivations that aren’t obvious and require a lot of speculation. I prefer to stick with not knowing.

Down that road I would say his biggest fear is being seen by the world as I too tight with the President, and so he likes to demonstrate from time to time, and where the price isn’t high, some signs of independence. It might not be really healthy for voters to say to themselves that every Republican IS A DONALD TRUMP, and I am voting accordingly.

Moral actions by swine create plausible denial. Every cunning asshole will want to cultivate that. It does not make me happy I can think this way and I would feel really badly if I thought this of somebody and it were not true.

To be a really good lawyer, however, I’d say it would have to be a part of one’s skill set.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Mitch just put a little air between himself & Trump w/o saying Trump is lying. Just a little. Being firmly lip locked on Trump's ass might not be a really good look come November so he's hedging now.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Mitch just put a little air between himself & Trump w/o saying Trump is lying. Just a little. Being firmly lip locked on Trump's ass might not be a really good look come November so he's hedging now.

Which won't work in the least unless he decides to keep it up between now and then because practically no one will remember this.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
On moral principle, hehe. Maybe. He was wrong and he may not have realized he was when he spoke. Since I can see little negative consequence for admitting he was wrong and can see brownie points for correcting a mistake, he may have gone moral for the points. That’s why I would. What I don’t know is if like for me, the only points that matter to him are the ones he gives to himself.

People can be truthful for different reasons. Also, it is against my moral principles accusing people of acting on evil motivations that aren’t obvious and require a lot of speculation. I prefer to stick with not knowing.

Down that road I would say his biggest fear is being seen by the world as I too tight with the President, and so he likes to demonstrate from time to time, and where the price isn’t high, some signs of independence. It might not be really healthy for voters to say to themselves that every Republican IS A DONALD TRUMP, and I am voting accordingly.

Moral actions by swine create plausible denial. Every cunning asshole will want to cultivate that. It does not make me happy I can think this way and I would feel really badly if I thought this of somebody and it were not true.

To be a really good lawyer, however, I’d say it would have to be a part of one’s skill set.
I think that for him to "deny" that a playbook existed, when its been proven it did/does exist, would be a liability for him in his re-election bid.
If he did deny that playbook, Amy McGrath could have a campaign ad against him saying that Moscowmitch was an accessory to the excess
death, caused by this administration by not having a plan in place.

It was a CYA by him.

Feb 4, 2009
I think that for him to "deny" that a playbook existed, when its been proven it did/does exist, would be a liability for him in his re-election bid.
If he did deny that playbook, Amy McGrath could have a campaign ad against him saying that Moscowmitch was an accessory to the excess
death, caused by this administration by not having a plan in place.

It was a CYA by him.

Just coming here to post this. I know he has a tough re-election fight coming up and maybe this isn't polling good in his district.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

For sure. The "saner" voices in the Republican Senate put the kybosh on having Obama testify at their Obamagate show trial, because he's more popular than ever.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
For sure. The "saner" voices in the Republican Senate put the kybosh on having Obama testify at their Obamagate show trial, because he's more popular than ever.
They also know that putting Obama in that theater would be the death of the modern GOP. It would be a thoroughly embarrassing ass-whipping that no sitting GOP legislator would ever be able to outlive.

Obama would flat out obliterate their fucking fever dreams for the world to see.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
They also know that putting Obama in that theater would be the death of the modern GOP. It would be a thoroughly embarrassing ass-whipping that no sitting GOP legislator would ever be able to outlive.

Obama would flat out obliterate their fucking fever dreams for the world to see.

Imagine how Fox would cover it .... cause I cant.