A "matching" website to find people to play online with?

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
So, maybe it's just me, but I feel like sometimes it's very hard to find like minded people to play games online with. Especially when it comes to old games, or very old games.

Lets say I want to play something like Act of War: High Treason.... or Command and Conquer: Red Alert (original). Such games have very little people still playing them, if any. A lot of times the servers shut down long ago, and there is no online lobby or anything like that.

I know software like Hamachi can make it possible for people to still link up and enjoy these games. Hamachi even has a built in matching system... or was it another Hamachi-like software that does?

Either way, there is such software out there, but there is no such websites that I know of. So I was thinking of making such a website. It's sort of like a dedicated forum or some-such, which can maybe later grow into some sort of auto-matching "dating like" system as my programming skills improve.

Do you guys think it's a good idea? Maybe someone already did it? Let me know. I'd like to hear some opinions.

robvp

Aug 7, 2013
i always wonder about something like that, but being the socially awkward person i am i would probably never coop with anyone

OT.: im still enyoing that laptop i bought from you ibex333 :p

Last edited:

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
i always wonder about something like that, but being the socially awkward person i am i would probably never coop with anyone

OT.: im still enyoing that laptop i bought from you ibex333 :p

Good to know ; )

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
There is a website where you can pay money to play with "hot" girls. Seems like a big waste of money, but I guess people like it enough to do it.