A Little Deja Vu for Bush # 2?

noproblems

Mar 11, 2000
Approval down to 50% Disapproval up to 47%

Just won?!? the war with Iraq??

Just Like Papa though -- it is a hollow victory. Dad couldn't get Hussein out of power and it seems like son can't entirely either. Though Sadam's power is diminished to the point of simply leading a bunch of young idiot fanatics into the gates of Heaven and the arms of the waiting virgins, make no mistake about it, he has power.

And George Bush # 2 might be in trouble in the same way as his dad. Do you think we are talking about yet another one-term Bush presidency? Perhaps we can get Hillary to jump in so she can put a little whip-ass on the ole' boy.

All of the 'Bushes' are a bit strange when they are down -- and they seem to be confined by the lack of a quick or well-defined wit. Hell, they damn near seem constipated. When things are going well, though, they seem to be rather wise in the manipulation of their bowels as well as their words. So, somehow, Bush has to avoid this Bush pratfall as well as other ones including their famous ability to seem out of touch with the circumstance of the common person. I'm convinced Bush isn't the most brilliant politician to ever occupy the White House, but that won't keep him from being reelected; all one has to do is look at Reagan for proof of that. Bush # 2 simply has to put to work all his abilities at manipulation and become more Reagan-like. He needs to get rid of his childish-sounding rebuttals to the Democrat's unfair brandishing of him as a liar and a warmonger. Instead, he needs to relax, smile, and say something that Reagan would, such as "Well, we did the best we could and I for one, will always be proud of the wonderful job performed by our young men and women."

I honestly hope that Bush doesn't get reelected. I equally hope that none of the Democrats win the job. I believe, though he wouldn't be perfect, that Bill O'Reilly would do the best job. :Q