A Letter To Dr Laura....RE: "Homosexuality is an abomination"

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Dr. Laura Schlessinger is a US radio personality who dispenses advice to
people who call in to her radio show. Recently, she said that, as an
observant Orthodox Jew, - 'Homosexuality is an abomination! According to
Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned in any circumstance'.

-----------------------------
Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have
learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as
many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle,
for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to
be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however,
regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them.

1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a
pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev. 1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They
claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus
21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her
period of menstrual uncleanness - Lev. 15:19-24. The problem is, how do I
tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female,

provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine
claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify?
Why can't I own Canadians?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2
clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him
myself?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an
abomination Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I
don't agree. Can you settle this?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a
defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my
vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around
their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How
should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me
unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different
crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two
different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse
and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of

getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev. 24:10-16. Couldn't we
just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people
who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can
help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and
unchanging. Your devoted disciple and adoring fan.

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
#1 Dr. Laura never said it was an "abonomnation" she simply said she disagreed with it because of her religious beliefs.
#2 And for that belief, she was sensored by the homosexual groups who forced her television show into the latest and worst television spots so they could insure its cancelation
#3 Thats sensorship by the homosexual groups.

Many other psychologists have tried to talk about homosexuality as it exists and why some people join and why many leave later on in life.

The problem is anyone who disagrees with the homosexual groups is immidiatly called a bigot and legal action taken against that person to scare them into not talking.

Those are the facts. You may not want to hear them but it is the sensorship practiced today by political homosexual groups.

Free speech for them is only ok if you agree with their position.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000

<< Free speech for them is only ok if you agree with their position. >>

And that's called hitting the nail on the head!

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Jesus guys, it's just a little humor to brighten your Tuesday. I don't personally care what she has to say, I just thought the bit about smiting neighbors was kinda funny. Sheesh....lighten up, youses!;)

Fausto

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
#2 And for that belief, she was sensored by the homosexual groups who forced her television show into the latest and worst television spots so they could insure its cancelation

Its censorship, and no, thats not censorship. Thats called the will of people to be able to decide that they have had enough of this lady's crap. Its called calling into sponsors and advertisers and complaining.

Conservatives are doing the same with politically incorrect. Thats their right as well.

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Hahaha, that letter was hilarious!!! :)
Did someone actually send that to her?? Man, I would've LOVED to hear her show when she tried to respond to some of those!

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

<< #2 And for that belief, she was sensored by the homosexual groups who forced her television show into the latest and worst television spots so they could insure its cancelation

Its censorship,
>>

Oh excuse me I didn't know my spelling would be graded LOL grow up

<< and no, thats not censorship. Thats called the will of people to be able to decide that they have had enough of this lady's crap. Its called calling into sponsors and advertisers and complaining. >>

Its strong arm tactics used by these groups because they dont like what she has to say. Its censorship buddy plain and simple. You attack someone's free speech by threatening their sponsors, thats censorship.

And please explain all the "crap" Dr. Laura has said. Back up your BS

<< Conservatives are doing the same with politically incorrect. Thats their right as well. >>

Lets see those examples. Show us all where conservatives are threatening sponsors. Back it up.

veryape

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2000
HAHAHAHA. I'm glad someone finally showed that bitch how foolish she sounds quoting the bible word for word. Some of the stuff in the bible is just insane,thats why I cannot understand how anyone can claim to be religious,but then change little things so they aren't arrested and jailed for life. A human wrote the book and that is that. If you need religion then you are just in search for security because you fear the unknown and death. There is no other reason but to serve yourself either in life or death. Prove me wrong,but I doubt anyone can.

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

<< HAHAHAHA. I'm glad someone finally showed that bitch how foolish she sounds quoting the bible word for word. Some of the stuff in the bible is just insane,thats why I cannot understand how anyone can claim to be religious,but then change little things so they aren't arrested and jailed for life. A human wrote the book and that is that. If you need religion then you are just in search for security because you fear the unknown and death. There is no other reason but to serve yourself either in life or death. Prove me wrong,but I doubt anyone can. >>

LOL The only problem is she didn't quote the Bible word for word. OOPS!

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
Oh excuse me I didn't know my spelling would be graded LOL grow up

Cmon tex. Youre a self-proclaimed RED BLOODED AMERICAN. Unless you are in 3rd grade, you should know how to spell that word if you expect people to take you seriously.

Lets see those examples. Show us all where conservatives are threatening sponsors. Back it up

sears and one other company have already pulled their ads. Its not censorship you idiot, its free speech.

And please explain all the "crap" Dr. Laura has said. Back up your BS

I watch the show probably 2x week. Its actually not that bad of a show, but some of her opinions are way outside of what I believe. The abomination comment is an example.

mithrandir2001

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001

<< Many other psychologists have tried to talk about homosexuality as it exists and why some people join and why many leave later on in life. >>

Join? Leave? Like it's a club? Not all homosexuals "join" and "leave"...it's something they are born with.

<< The problem is anyone who disagrees with the homosexual groups is immidiatly called a bigot and legal action taken against that person to scare them into not talking. >>

Part of the problem is that anti-gay community argues about the "evilness" of homosexuality. Homosexuality is not necessarily a choice, so condemning people for who they are, as they were created, is indeed an act of bigotry. Legal action, sadly, is often necessary because everyone is born with certain inalienable rights, but some want to apply these protections to only those groups that pass their Bible Litmus Test.

<< Those are the facts. You may not want to hear them but it is the sensorship practiced today by political homosexual groups. Free speech for them is only ok if you agree with their position. >>

Some gay groups are very outspoken...but you have consider if you should blame them for being political if it is just a response to having to live with fear, shame, and hatred every day of their lives for something they did not necessarily choose to be.

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
Here are some things (CRAP) she says and has said, courtesy of stopdrlaura.com

If you're gay or a lesbian, it's a biological error...

''[Responding to a fax, Schlessinger says:] "It goes on and says 'Pedophilia and child molestation have zero to do with being gay, homosexual orientation' and that?s not true. That is not true. How many letters have I read on the air from gay men who acknowledge that a huge portion of the male homosexual populace is predatory on young boys."

'All she said was that gay men are more likely to be pedophiles, and I think that's true

"I call homosexual practices deviant".

"Please, this is not about civil rights ?cause I would be the first one in the front of that line and I?m here to tell you that right now. I?d be the first one in the front of that line. But this is about taking a deviant behaviour, a dysfunctional behavior, normalizing, sexualizing our kids."

she drones on and on...

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
That letter is only 3 or 4 years old. The quote is bogus. She has spent hours trying to explain her opinion only to be maligned and lied about by the Militany Gays who are the biggest hate mongers in existence.

She has discussed this issue with Gays on her show many times and has always shown them the respect she would show any human being.

I disagree with her on many issues, but she is a breath of fresh air as she dares to stand up and be counted.

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

<< Oh excuse me I didn't know my spelling would be graded LOL grow up

<< Cmon tex. Youre a self-proclaimed RED BLOODED AMERICAN. Unless you are in 3rd grade, you should know how to spell that word if you expect people to take you seriously. >>

I'm sorry. I thought the point was the subject of the conversation, not a spelling lesson. Unless you are in the 3rd grade, stick to the argument at hand and lay off the childish nit picking.

<< sears and one other company have already pulled their ads. Its not censorship you idiot, its free speech. >>

they pulled their adds but you said it was because of conservative groups pressuring them you Idiot. Lets see your evidence.

<< I watch the show probably 2x week. Its actually not that bad of a show, but some of her opinions are way outside of what I believe. The abomination comment is an example. >>

If you are saying she said homosexuality is an abomination you are a liar. the closest she ever came was to say she disagreed with the practice based of religious beliefs. She has also explored the community of the homosexual groups. This is what scares them, not her religious beliefs but her analysis of their behavior.

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

<< Here are some things (CRAP) she says and has said, courtesy of stopdrlaura.com >>

Oh I'm soo glad you found a credible and non bias source for us! LOL

<< If you're gay or a lesbian, it's a biological error... >>

Of course the quote is cut off. More censorship. You are just too ignorant to see it.

<< ''[Responding to a fax, Schlessinger says:] "It goes on and says 'Pedophilia and child molestation have zero to do with being gay, homosexual orientation' and that?s not true. That is not true. How many letters have I read on the air from gay men who acknowledge that a huge portion of the male homosexual populace is predatory on young boys." >>

Prove this wrong. I know this is fact because my father is a psychotherepist. Prove it wrong I challenge you.

<< 'All she said was that gay men are more likely to be pedophiles, and I think that's true >>

Of course this isn't a quote by her. Next.

<< "I call homosexual practices deviant". >>

A baldface lie. She has said time and time again that she never said it and challenged these wako groups to produce the audio, they never did.

<< "Please, this is not about civil rights ?cause I would be the first one in the front of that line and I?m here to tell you that right now. I?d be the first one in the front of that line. But this is about taking a deviant behaviour, a dysfunctional behavior, normalizing, sexualizing our kids." >>

And THIS is the fear homosexuals have. If you look at the evidence from therepists, homosexuals have more social problems and more signs of depression than non homosexuals.

You are really displaying your ignorance on the subject here.

mithrandir2001

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001

<< And THIS is the fear homosexuals have. If you look at the evidence from therepists, homosexuals have more social problems and more signs of depression than non homosexuals.

You are really displaying your ignorance on the subject here.
>>

Ever consider why homosexuals may have more social problems and signs of depression than the general population? Could it be they have to deal with constant displays of hate and feelings of exile and can't have the same open lifestyle that heterosexuals enjoy? Isn't love considered one of the most universal human emotions, only a rung or so below food, air and water in terms of necessities to life? Imagine being denied to love or told that your love is wrong. It's an EASY thing to live a mainstream life and quote lines of "truth" from a bible as if performing "holy" work...it takes little guts, under the shield of majority protection. It is ignorant, however, to proclaim that some people's lifestyle is wrong if you do not care to understand why they live the way they do and why they are what they are.

EDIT: spelling.

DioCassius

Aug 30, 2000

<< And THIS is the fear homosexuals have. If you look at the evidence from therepists, homosexuals have more social problems and more signs of depression than non homosexuals. >>

If that's true, maybe its because they continually have people like you telling them their life is a fraud.

BMdoobieW

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 2000
#1. only in the Temple
#2. i don't know. it's your daughter!
#3. this is refering to your wife. and your wife will tell you.
#4. you CAN, but no one's forcing you to
#5. no, a rabbinical council will. there are no more such rabbinical councils around these days.
#6. the text states they are both bad things. who cares which is worse?
#7. Hmmmm...I'm not sure. Have to ask your rabbi about this. BTW, why are these questions being asked in a letter to Dr. Laura? They should asked in person to a respected orthodox rabbi.
#8. are your friends Jewish? If no, then they can shave their whole heads for all I care. Jewish males must do as the text says. There is no death penalty for this.
#9. What a loser. Everyone knows that since 1941, Wilson NFL footballs have been wrapped in Grip-Tite, a tanned-in-Tack COWHIDE leather that is supplied by Horween Leather Co.
#10. This question is really five questions and I don't have time to answer them all, except for saying that Jewish courts do not kill anyone anymore because of what's written in the answer to #5, and also that if you sleep with your in-laws, you should be stoned. I always get my suits checked to make sure they don't contain both linen and wool.

I assume you know that all of these laws only apply to Jews. And yes, for the most part, "G-d's word is eternal and unchanging." I mean, he's G-d. He can see infinitely into the future and the past. Why would he go thru the trouble to make a HUGE book of laws, and say that they are to be kept forever, only to later say, "eh, forget it?" Makes no sense.

BTW, I am writing this to show that the letter to Dr. Laura makes no sense, and that if you want to disagree with her views, go ahead! But she's not ignorant of the laws of the Torah, I'm not ignorant of the laws of the Torah, and if you want to bring the laws of the Torah into your argument, then you should not be ignorant of the laws of the Torah.

Also, I never listen to her show, so I can't say if I agree or disagree with her views. Also they are her views, which may or may not agree with mainstream Orthodox Judaism.

Finally, I know that this email was posted as a joke (ha ha ha, I've been laughing for like 45 minutes now, sheesh) but someone who doesn't know that might take offense of some of the stuff in the letter, so I'm setting the record straight.

Finally finally, I am not a rabbi, so take what I've said with an bit of caution, as I could be wrong. ;)

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
DEVIANT
"I call homosexual practices deviant".
- Dr. Laura quoted by the New York Post, 2/16/00

and the new york post is gonna lie and just make up a quote?

All of the above things from that website have sources to back it up. If you dont believe it, prove it wrong.

And THIS is the fear homosexuals have. If you look at the evidence from therepists, homosexuals have more social problems and more signs of depression than non homosexuals.

Obviously, you idiot. Its because retards like you call them pedophiles their whole life and call them deviant. what the hell do you expect?

luv2chill

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000

<< ''[Responding to a fax, Schlessinger says:] "It goes on and says 'Pedophilia and child molestation have zero to do with being gay, homosexual orientation' and that?s not true. That is not true. How many letters have I read on the air from gay men who acknowledge that a huge portion of the male homosexual populace is predatory on young boys." >>

Prove this wrong. I know this is fact because my father is a psychotherepist. Prove it wrong I challenge you.

LMAO!!! Oh so since your dad is a psychologist he's the be-all end-all expert on all things homosexual eh? This is just a laughable statement --"I know this is fact because my father is a psychotherapist."Is your dad's research published? Let's see you back it up! And as for proving you wrong, I gladly offer this proof you're always asking for (while providing little or nothing to back up your BS statements).

How about the American Pediatric Association? Are they credible enough for you? Or are you going to say that they're secretly in bed with the gay groups like you said for the Psychological Association. Anyway, without further adieu, here's your damn proof:

--------------------------------------------------
"Homosexuals no threat [source: AAP]

CHICAGO - A study of sexually abused children found that they were unlikely to have been molested by identifyably gay or lesbian people, the American Academy of Pediatrics says. The study, published in the July 1994 issue of "Pediatrics", explored the assertion that gays and lesbians are at particular risk of sexually molesting children. This was one of the justifications presented for strong anti-gay legislation placed on ballots in several States in 1992.

Of 249 cases of child abuse studied, only two offenders were identified as gay or lesbian. In this sample, a child's risk of being molested by the heterosexual partner of a relative is more than 100 times greater than by somebody who might be identifiable as being homosexual, lesbian or bisexual.

'As public policy may hinge on the potential risk homosexual individuals pose to children, the issue must be addressed', said the researchers from the University of Colorado, Denver's Children's Hospital, the Kempe Children's Center and the National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine. THE RESEARCHERS CONCLUDED: 'THERE IS NO SUPPORT FOR THE CLAIM TO THIS EFFECT BY GROUPS ADVOCATING LEGISLATION LIMITING RIGHTS OF HOMOSEXUALS.'"
---------------------------------------------------

and you can read more elightenment from their home page. I suggest you do, and then realize (as a red blooded american) that freedom in this country applies to all people. As hard as it may be to open your mind, you must eventually come to the conclusion that you have to let other people live their lives and find their own happiness. If you aren't in support of that then you are unamerican, plain and simple.

l2c

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Everyone here probably agrees, though, that homosexuals do go "ape sh!t" when anyone, for any reason, condemns there practice/lifestyle as "wrong" or "immoral".

Happened to me many a time... Funny thing is...the conversation/debate usually turns into one of those "morality is arbitrary...homosexuality is not wrong" things.

Then I always say, "well if morality is arbitrary then murder and rape and mass destruction are not wrong because I 'feel' that they acceptable practice." This is obvious lunacy but it demonstrates my point.

Morality does exist and is not arbitrary...we may change our definition of morality to fit our beliefs but morality does exist in humanity and is definite.

Historically, homosexuality, although practiced (and sometimes quite widely), was viewed in history as wrong, evil, against natural order (take your pick). Then question follows...was mankind wrong then or are we deluded now?

I dunno...for my part, I love the person for their "humanity" but disagree with the lifestyle.