A joke walks into a bar without a punchline

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
A joke that is too long and doesn't have a punchline walks into a bar. He looked a bit gloomy. The bartender decides not to comment on this at first and just asks: "What can I get you?" The joke replies: "A beer please" - "ok, coming up". The bartender proceeds to take a glass out of the shelf and pours the joke a nice and cold beer. "Here you go". - "Thanks".

Around 20 minutes pass. The joke sits at the bar, drinking alone. Meanwhile, other people enter the bar. There are two attractive people in love, an old man who used to live a life of adventure and always has an anecdote to tell to the other guests (whether they ask him for it or not), a couple of tourists who have read about the bar in guides as "a place to hang out", some college kids who have read about the bar in guides as "a place to get wasted", and some regular guests who just give the barkeeper a slight nod to indicate they desire their usual drink.

The beer didn't seem to cheer up the joke at all. After around half an hour, the barkeeper finally decides to say something. He walks over to the joke and says "Hey buddy, what's wrong?" The joke sighs and says "I can't do anything right. My wife loves another man, my job is a dead end and my kids both act up in school. Plus, my back is killing me and no medication seems to help. I don't know what to do". The barkeeper proceeds to comfort the joke with a combination of experiences from his own life and self-help classics and it seems to help. It would be an overstatement to say the joke loved his life after their conversation, but he was clearly in a better mood than before. "Thanks, man. That was great advice", he said and smiled.

Some more guests kept coming in during the course of the night.

Annisman*

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2010
Haha kept waiting for the punchline and the I remembered the thread title I read 90 seconds ago...duhhh

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
Haha kept waiting for the punchline and the I remembered the thread title I read 90 seconds ago...duhhh
I read the whole thing waiting for the twist where there actually is a punch line, and was pleasantly surprised.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
qWkzc9I.gif