A history lesson and great political ad for Democrats

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
A fantastic political ad from which every Democrat running in the next election can use an excerpt. Also a history lesson that should be taught in every public school. But I'm sure a bunch of white conservatives would scream CRT because they want to erase parts of this countries history and hide the truth.

STOP THE BIG LIE

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Nobody alive today, that isn't in a supremacist group, is responsible for what those groups did in the past, nor has any need to "hide" anything.

It's ludicrous that you would try to associate modern conservatives with this, and no, a few examples is not proof of the majority, just as a few Democrats doing XYZ thing are not proof that the rest of them are guilty of same thing.

You need to stop stereotyping and see people as individuals, including individual accountability. Blanket stereotyping, that's essentially what racism is too so you have the same mental defect, just using different information to arrive at the false premise.

It's still just an excuse to hate, plus efforts to spread hate, then that hate goes in dozens of different directions, not the result you thought it would be.

Nov 29, 2006
Nobody alive today, that isn't in a supremacist group, is responsible for what those groups did in the past, nor has any need to "hide" anything.

It's ludicrous that you would try to associate modern conservatives with this, and no, a few examples is not proof of the majority, just as a few Democrats doing XYZ thing are not proof that the rest of them are guilty of same thing.

You need to stop stereotyping and see people as individuals, including individual accountability. Blanket stereotyping, that's essentially what racism is too so you have the same mental defect, just using different information to arrive at the false premise.

It's still just an excuse to hate, plus efforts to spread hate, then that hate goes in dozens of different directions, not the result you thought it would be.

Username checks out.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

"I'm not a racist, I just know that without racists my party and my views would never win a national election ever again. So stop being so mean."

Reactions: Leeea

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
^ Trumps racist/misogynistic views were not the reason he won the '16 election, rather the reason he lost in '20. Hilary was disliked even more than Trump, at the time.

Again, Personal Responsibility. Right now that's all on Biden and in case you haven't noticed, he's doing a shit job so far.

It's not being mean to accept what is causing tension in this country, what a morally reprehensible thing it is to promote hate instead of unity when real peoples' welfare is at stake.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
^ Trumps racist/misogynistic views were not the reason he won the '16 election, rather the reason he lost in '20. Hilary was disliked even more than Trump, at the time.

Again, Personal Responsibility. Right now that's all on Biden and in case you haven't noticed, he's doing a shit job so far.

It's not being mean to accept what is causing tension in this country, what a morally reprehensible thing it is to promote hate instead of unity when real peoples' welfare is at stake.

If you're not going to be specific about that accusation, then I'll assume you mean his and the party's frustrated efforts to get DINO's Manchin and Sinema on board with the other 98% of Democrats.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001

Your reply really has nothing to defend the blatant racism of the modern Republican Party. The Party is trash, filled with trash people.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Don’t ask the dumb ass to go in to detail on Biden’s failures unless you enjoy posts similar to your crazy relatives Facebook posts.

Lol we haven’t heard about Afghanistan in a while, I guess that was such a huge failure that they can’t even talk about.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

blanket stereotype and hate is what gets republicans elected.
when republicans get elected they pass republican laws.
the democrats are losing battles trying to be moral. I dont blame them for fighting fire with fire, if thats the path they choose.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Nope. The reason Trump got elected was racist birtherism, hate against immigrants (even legal ones), and the promise of a Muslim ban. You know this just as well as I do. And even if you don't, the timing of those statements compared to the subsequent uptick in poll numbers proves it.

Meanwhile, Biden is doing a fine job IMO. My income and all my investments are up. Why don't you take some personal responsibility and quit blaming the govt for being a loser.

And that last paragraph I agree with wholeheartedly, which is why I was disgusted by morally reprehensible Republicans who didn't condemn Trump when he said that every American who didn't vote for him was "human scum."

Reactions: hal2kilo and Leeea

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

First, have you read some of the things these racist conservatives in the current Congress have said?

Second these so called modern day conservatives in Texas are eliminating black districts in favor of white ones even though in the last 10 years people of color have accounted for 95% of the population increase.

Third Republicans are the only party found guilty of racist acts in a court of law (North Carolina gerrymandering)

When Obama was running for office plenty of your so called non racist Republicans made disparaging racist comments about him too numerous to name here. I issued a challenge that to this date has never been met. Name one main stream Democrat that made disparaging comments about John McCain or Mitt Romney solely on the basis of being white. Name one.

The former President of the United States, leader of the Republican Party call African countries shithole, redlined blacks out of his apartment buildings, condemned black teens for murder even AFTER they were found not guilty, said people from Haiti have AIDS, said most Mexican immigrants were rapists and murders.

Tell me again why the Republican Party isn't the racist party? Also tell me when the leaders of the Democratic Party promoted racism when they were in office, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter.

PS - I have a lot more but gotta end this somewhere

Last edited:
Reactions: Meghan54

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Repub leadership have this nasty habit of committing immoral unethical acts in their effort to appease Trump and his base of loonies of whom are more than willing to endorse any crime against the nation in order to "reinstate" Trump to the office that "got stolen form him".

And now, as the Dems are attempting to expose to the world what these corrupted cretins have been up to in their willingly acceding to Trump's demands to keep him in power, his lackeys in Congress and those folks who put them there are in the process of attempting to force the nation to "see things their way" never mind that what they see is a pipe dream where white supremacy must be upheld, where minority party rule must be instituted to "Save the (their supremacist) American way of Life".

Well, they try it. Let's see how well they do in their battle against democracy.