A guy wants to sell his car...

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
A guy wants to sell his car. He takes a deposit and then later gets cold feet. He has a verbal agreement/ receipt for selling it (not 100% sure on receipt) but now wants to back out. He offers £100 but the buyer wants his car that he has put his deposit down.

He and others gets ideas to vandalise the car or do something so that the buyer doesn't want it.

What do you guys think?

http://www.bm3w.co.uk/ubbthreads/showfl...mber=434228&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

Koing

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Don't agree to something if you don't plan on following it through. How old is this guy? 16?

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
It's a private party sale. The buyer should be thankful that the seller is offering some bucks to make it right.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Unless the deposit came with a written guarantee to deliver the vehicle, he is not in any way obligated to sell it. A verbal contract is essentially un-enforceable.

He does, however, have to give the deposit back.

EDIT: To be clear, this is US law, not UK law that I'm using as my basis.

ZV

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Baked
Don't agree to something if you don't plan on following it through. How old is this guy? 16?

Indeed.

Those M3 guys suggesting 'bad things' to do to the cars are the biggest bunch of d!cks ever.

I'd be pissed off if this clown did something like this to me. What a bunch of jokers.

Koing